Higgins model 20 12ga pump with polychoke?

Oleg Volk

Staff Alumnus
Found one locally for $80, design seems another variation on Winchester 12, wood good, metal pretty much lost any finish it had. Magazine cap looks wird (maybe missing?) Wondering if it is worth the money as a trap gun.

I own 2. They were actually a High Standard Model 200 for Sears,Roebuck & Company (when they sold guns). I paid $50 (plain bbl) & $75 (vent rib bbl). The mag tube cap is similar to the Win 12's, being held on with 2 small screws. Gun Parts Corp stocks parts for this model. They are Good utility/shooter guns with no real collector value. It should bust clays just fine. Both of mine had the barrels cut to 20 inch riot lenght. As with all my utility guns, I check them for function, then disassemble ,sand blast them & spray finish them up with a good Flat Black paint. I won't put a ton of money into a utility grade gun, as they don't have to be pretty, they just have to work. Hope this info helps.

ive had 3 over the years myself, worked fine for trap and skeet,birds etc.2 were cutts tube compensated and one was poly choked.
i liked the cutts tubed ones myself.kinda just sat theyre when i shot it.when she built up and ** self cleaned** it was a spectacle to see the powder residues burn off! lol. also ill say this too for them theyre sure one fast smooth action as well.

Back