Hiawatha Shotgun

Roger Daily

Inactive
I have a Hiawatha 12 gauge shotgun Model 130VR-F. It appears to have a Remington type action but the barrel doesn't come off like an 870 and it looks like its got a full choke. There are some ducks stamped into the side of the receiver and it has a vented rib with double beads. Its chambered for 3" magnums. It was in rough shape when I got it. I refinished the stock and replaced the recoil pad with a "Decelerator". It shoots fine but the action is worn and sometimes the action opens too easily after firing (no
resistance at all). This confuses a good follow-up shot. I have recently purchased a new 870 to replace it.(That gun has problems too but I'll post that on a different post)
I was thinking about repairing it but I realized I don't even know who makes the gun.
Can you help with any info? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Roger, Hiawatha was a trade name used by Gamble Skogmo on their firearms that were actually manufactured by Savage. Your Hiawatha Model 130VR-F shotgun is the same as the Savage Model 30 shotgun. You should be able to contact Gun Parts Corporation if you're in need of replacement parts. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

Back