Hi-Power vs. CZ-75

Tango27

Ok, here's one that should get the opinions flying:

With the discontinuation of imports causing prices to rise on the Browning Hi-Power, is it worth spending the extra $100 on the Browning, or does the CZ-75 become a real challenger being the less expensive of the two?

You shouldn't let $100 determine such an important decision. I prefer the CZ75 because I they fit my hand better, I don't have to worry about hammer bite, I can carry it either SA or DA, the slide inside the frame makes for a tighter fit and with the excellent barrel lockup on the ones I've fired accuracy tops an out of box recent HP. Since Browning will no loner import the HP this might lead to a higher value in future, an important consideration is you plan to purchase the pistol and store it unfired. Generally fired pistols do not collect the same value as NIB ones. If you prefer SA only you can order your CZ75 in that configuration, if you want DA and no cocked and locked option you can get a decocker version, and lastly if you want a compacy pistol you can get a CZ75 Compact. Hunt around for a CZ75 and not a CZ75B, I find fit and finish are better on the former. As well the passive firing pin standard on the CZ75B is IMHO not needed as there's already a half cock feature to prevent AD is the pistol is dropped on a cocked hammer. CZ75B also tend to have a grittier trigger too, at least the ones I've examined. And a consideration is that you can still get preban hicaps from CZUSA for $35!

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Hello. My favorite handgun is the Browning MkIII in 9mm and I've been shooting HPs since the late '60s. That said, #2 is the CZ 75 even though it's a bit bigger. If you can get a MkIII, there are still pre-ban mags out there although more expensive than the pre-ban CZ mags. There are also spare parts available to horde and use if need be. I've not needed to in 30 years except for a firing pin retaining plate that cracked. In short, either gun is a "first" choice in my opinion.
Best.

Get the pistol you really want costs (especially $100) be damned! That's easy for me to say but trust me, ater down the road you'll be gald you did. If you decide on the Browning just hurry up about it.

Personally speaking my favorite is the Hi-Power hence the moniker P-35. My ammo budget every year exceeds the cost of most handguns anyway.

I have both of these fine pistols and I will never sell either one. When it comes to 9mm pistols they are the best to be had. My recomendation is to buy yourself a copy of each one. It will soon be impossible to buy a new Browning Hi-Power and soon the price of the CZ75 will increase when people realize what a quality product they are. If you snooze you loose!!

the only gun that gives me hammer bite is the Hi Power. the CZ75/85 is my pick of the two. it's a great gun and i find the grip more comfortable than the HP. best of all, the CZ85 doesn't bite my hand!

------------------
Mik

<A HREF="http://"http://marina.fortunecity.com/harbour/347/10mm.html"" TARGET=_blank>my 10mm page</A>

Really the question is this:
"Do I like Single action or Double action?"

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

I went shopping for a new handgun and had to decide between a S&W M625 in .45acp and the CZ75/85 and the Beretta (96FS?). The CZ75 was $399. and the Beretta was $599. For the money the CZ75 is very appealing. It seemed to be well made and had a nice finish. The guy at the gunstore told me that the CZ85 has adjustable sights, is this true? are they needed? BTW, I ended up buying the M625 Revolver, but there will soon be a CZ75 in my collection, and probably a Beretta someday. The Beretta seems kinda large for a 9mm, but that doesn't matter to me for target shooting. Also, I own 2 Hi-Power; 1 in a silver/chrome finish with adjustable sights, and a standard blue w/fixed sights. Question: when I bought my Hi-Powers, they had one called the MkIII with a matte finish, fixed sights and pachmayer grips. Aren't all new Hi-Powers mkIII's?? I thought the only difference in any new ones are in the finish only? I was also checking out a beautifull two-tone HP called the Practical. Wow, so many handguns and so little money to spend on them. I would really like to have that practical model but I already own two. Am I compulsive? Ron

The CZ is a tougher gun, will handle hotter ammo longer.

Both are great, the CZ is the better deal for the money; more bang for your buck so to speak. :)

But I still like the BHP better. :)

------------------
>>>>---->

Back