Hi Power Upgrades

Enigma

Hello everyone! I would really appreciate your thoughts on what are the most important upgrades to be done to a new pistol (BHP) and who you would recommend do the work. Thanks!!!

------------------
Join the Fight....save OUR Rights!!!

I had a modest trigger job done and installed a C&S commander style hammer. That's about all it needed.
If you want serious work done, contact Cylinder & Slide or Wayne Novak. These folks really know the HP and do excellent work.

Current production P-35's mainly NEED a trigger job and a good dehorning/carry-bevel package. Depending on the shooter's hand and grip, the hammer may need to be modified to prevent hammer bite. I also prefer to have the magazine disconnector removed as well.

"Need" aside, they can also benefit from aftermarket sights. Heinie and Novak make nice ones.

The older P-35's, with tiny sights and safety, NEED new sights and an aftermarket speed safety (or ambi, for southpaws).

Brian Bilby (www.45acp.com) does superb work, as does Kurt Wickmann (www.kwgw.com) and Novak (www.novaksights.com).

Rosco

An extended combat safty is a MUST, and I like houge monogrips for a better fit. The real question is what are you using it for?

There are mods I'd make on a belt gun/plinker that I would not make on ccw gun.

A bright orange front site is a good bet on either kind of gun for fast "point" shooting.
Also I've recently seen 17 shot South African magazines available for sale.. that seems like a REALLY nice modification.

Dr.Rob

Dr Rob--where have you seen those HP 17-rd. magazines for sale? Are they flush fit or extended length mags?

Sic semper tyrannis

freedomlover

In regards to those 17 round South African
mags....dont waste you money, I tried a couple and I couldn't get 17 rounds in them and they would always jam when I tried to get the ammo out. I sent them back.

Thanks for all the good info!!

Thanks for the warning--I'll stay away from them and buy some more Mec-Gar mags. Had good luck with them so far.

Sic semper tyrannis

freedomlover

Back