Hi Power Sights

cobraman

Has anyone put Ashley sights on a BHP? I like my Chrome BHP but the front site is also Chrome and I live in sunny Florida. I really like the sight picture of Ashley's but I am not sure how they will work on a BHP.

I've put several sets on for customers, and they either like them or don't. Some object to the front sight covering the target (particularly with the big dot front and a smaller or distant target). Just changed out a set for a local guy - we removed the Ashleys and put on Trijicons. But, for a fast sight picture, they're tough to beat.

Hi Don,

Welcome to The Firing Line!

I reviewed your profile and we certainly welcome any input you can provide to the topics of conversation here on TFL.

Mark / FL

Thanks Don I was thinking Standard Dot Tritium I have a BIG Dot on a Beretta that I really like but I like standard is the way to go. And Welcome to TFL

Mark,
This is some crazy weather we are having here. Sweating to death one day and freezing the next.

I also want to put some sights on a Browining HP. I'm looking at low profile adjustable models as are made by Pachmayr, Mec-Gar, and Millet so I can use the factory front sight. Does anyone have any experience with these? What is their quality and are there any problems with using this method to get an adjustable sight?

Well I talked the to the local smith about the HP. He said I would have to send it to Ashley because my Front sight is soldered on and that he does not want to cut a dovetail into the Hard Chrome. So he is going to call Heinie and Novack and see what they suggest for a rear sight that can use the exsisting front sight.

I'd recommend Novak's sights front and rear. They can open up the rear width so that you'd get all the speed of an Ashley express sight with little to no loss in precision.

Back