Hi-Power price

RHarris

What's a reasonable price for a good Browning Hi-Power at this time. The FEW I've actually found start around $600.

How good is that enamal or epoxy or whatever-it-is finish that is on some of the later ones?

Also, how do the clones compare? Are they worth messing with? Are they exact copies with interchangable parts? What's different? I've found some FAL clones for under 300. The real thing would be ideal, assuming one can be found when the time comes.

Hello. I'd much prefer the FN to the clones, but would sure take one if I couldn't get the original. I would go with a clone that has the frame-mounted thumb safety.

In my neck of the woods, the few new HPs I've seen went for just over $600 each and went fast.

Best.

Opps! Sorry. The "matte" finish has proven fairly durable in my experience, but is "soft" and will show dings. After many presentations from holsters, it'll wear along the contact edges of the pistol. Best.

Keep lookin, I picked up a very nice FN for 400, seen several others for that price, of course I'm not telling where this pawn shop is. The one I got had minor custom work, even an ambi safety, and was 98% or better. As far as the clones, haven't heard anyone say bad words about the SA FEG model, I guess I gotta get one and see.

i saw a NIB hi-power for $535 today. it had a black finish & black plastic grips. the store owner said it had arrived recently, so i guess browning is shipping some new ones into the US again.

Parkerized Finish

I picked up a used but unfired Belguim/Portugal Browning for $350 plus tax last weekend. Only negative is that it came with only one magazine. The pistol was purchased from the gunshop I use for repairs. Regards, Richard

Price on Browning Hi-Power

FWIW, I saw a used, looked like new one at a gun show this weekend for $350. I also saw the clones, like the FEG NIB for $350. My area of habitation is Ohio.

ATTN: gryphon

gryphon, do you live anywhere near the Michigan border? I belong to a shooting club in Boles Harbor, MI. Regards, Richard

Back