Hi Power barrel

aztec777

I need opinions on a replacement barrel for a Hi Power. It is a MKIII. I've looked at Federal Arms, not impressed, and Olympic Arms, seems decent. I have considered calling Browning about a barrel. Bar-Sto is a little out of my wallet range right now. I will eventually get one installed in all of my Hi Powers as I already have a Cylinder and Slide customized BHP and know how sweet those are. I just need something to keep me going for now. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Steve

Guess what? I'm recommending you get the Bar-Sto anyway. You'll eventually get the Bar-Sto, and be very happy and shoot nice tight groups... Seen that Captain Model HP with the tangent sights? I'd like to drop a Bar-Sto in that one...

Second choice would be the factory replacement barrel but you'll still going to fork out cash for something you'll eventually replace. In the mean time, you could be breaking in the Bar-Sto...

IMO there are only 2 stock barrels that are as accurate as the Bar Sto - Sig and Browning HP. So I say go with the Bar Sto or the stock BHP. I am presently awaiting the arrival of my CZ75 Bar Sto and shot my Bar Sto equipped Glock 19 several days ago. Who says Glocks aren't accurate ? With a Bar Sto they are !

If you don't want to have a function nightmare on your hands, stay away from the Federal Arms barrels....drop in my a**. The chamber work I had to do on mine for 100% function was a nightmare! These are Korean barrels, and the chamber was so tight that only PREMIUM ammo (in this case Winchester SXTs) would drop in, and they still wouldn't feed from the magazine. Granted, it was on an FEG clone, and feeding angles vary from Browning and other clones, etc., etc., but this was nuts! It DOES shoot VERY accurately ......now! (1 ragged hole at 15 yards offhand with IMI 115 gr. loads). This gun turned out better than I had ever dreamed it would, but it took a lot of work (MOSTLY ON THE BARREL) to get it there. Go for the Bar-Sto and save yourself the trouble. Good Luck- Dakotan

Back