Hi-Point Autos

Coolray

Can anyone give me a review on the Hi-Point Model C-9 9mm auto pistol? I was looking at one today and I rarely believe the sales guy. I also was looking at the Kel-Tel P 11 9mm.
Thanks.

I recommend you stay completly away from hi point.I think everyone will agree with me on this.Not a good quality firearm at all.

------------------
Bob--- Age and deceit will overcome youth and speed.
I'm old and deceitful.

Hi Point should stick to their arguably decent carbines and forget the POS pistols they manufacture! Nightmarish beasts; I'd rather have a sharp stick. Stay away from them PERIOD! The firsthand experience I have had with a friend's Kel-Tec P-11 has been positive. After a little feed-ramp polishing, it has proven completely reliable, and quite accurate. The only complaint about this gun is the factory rear sight's propensity for loosening in the dovetail. An aftermarket piece is in order here. FWIW! Take Care- Dakotan

Howdy I'm new here but have lots of practice flapping my gums at the 1911 forum.
A co-worker of mine bought a High Point at a gun show a few weeks ago. Tried to talk him out of it but he did it anyhow. The slide looks like it was sand cast and dipped in hot plastic. The trigger is about as crunchy as the one on my sons plastic disc shooter we got in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart.
This gun is a strong argument for the antis so called "Junk Gun" angle. Just my opinion but if I had my druthers between a High Point and my kids disc shooter, I'd take the disc shooter.

I think that Chinese gun makers would reject the Hi-Points. They are pure crap. The Kel-Tec has always been a quality gun. The new ones are just superb. If you want a cheap gun, buy a revolver. If you want a cheap auto, buy a Ket-Tec. Cheap, not chincy. I loved mine so much, I bought an identical one to keep it company in the safe.

I believe we were talking about the pistol. The carbines I've never dealt with but I'd be most worried about quality control. I figure I can spend about that much on an SKS and have much more fun.

Thanks everybody,I believe I'll pass on the Hi-Point and get the Kel-tec or another small 9mm. Until then I'll continue to carry my 2".44spl.

Back