Hi-Point 45ACP JHP Pistol Review

I like that you are showing groups at 25 yards. People talk about being "accurate" but they never really test at anything that one can verify.

Were your accuracy tests shot off sandbags? Held free hand?

I also like that you ran the ultra crappiest cheap ammo through the thing and it ran.

There is not much glory in reviewing the "bottom end" hardware but there is a niggling almost beauty about something that just does it's job for cheap.

{{must not look,,,must not look,,,must not look}}

Seriously - I've been mulling over getting one of these things - just because...

I'm thinking the 9 mm might be better overall - - but - - I so dearly love the .45acp.

I like that you are showing groups at 25 yards. People talk about being "accurate" but they never really test at anything that one can verify.

Were your accuracy tests shot off sandbags? Held free hand?

I also like that you ran the ultra crappiest cheap ammo through the thing and it ran.

There is not much glory in reviewing the "bottom end" hardware but there is a niggling almost beauty about something that just does it's job for cheap.
The shooting was done off a sandbag rest and the smallest group was 2.8 inches center hole to center hole if you include the one flyer at the 11:00 o'clock position the group opens up to almost 5 inches.

This gun really surprised me for what you get at a very reasonable price. For a range gun or a gun you plan on keeping in your night stand it is great.

The only two gripes well three actually one is the weight of the gun it is really heavy, now this helps with recoil sure but your shooting arm tires quickly, two field stripping the gun down for cleaning can be a chore because of the roll pin you have knock out and hope not to lose, and third it is so butt ugly...

The gun is a lot of fun to shoot though, Thanks for watching and be sure to check out my other gun reviews on my channel as well

Take Care and God Bless

Seriously - I've been mulling over getting one of these things - just because...
There isn a better reason on earth to buy a Hi-Point than just because!:D

My first, a 9MM was just because I wanted to see if they could possibly be as bad as all the hater gun snobs said......It is not only nowhere near as bad, it's an amazingly accurate, reliable firearm.
My second, the JHP. The model mentioned in this thread. It was bought "just because" it was priced used at a very good price, and looked nearly unfired. Like the 9MM, it has proven accuraye, reliable, and a bunch of fun to shoot.

I bought 2 lastmonth, 45 and a compensated 380. They're a hoot to shoot, and both were 147 shipped, next on the list is a 45 carbine.
Hi, my name is Josh and I'm a Hi-Point fan.......

Buy em, we need to keep Ohioians working. Seriously during the early 90s my wife and I sold a bunch of their stuff and while the .45 ACP could double as a hammer their stuff works and keeps on working. My brother has one of their .40 S&W carbines and every time we are out shooting everyone has a good time and wants to shoot that little carbine. Their guns just keep going and going. If I recall correctly during the early 90s their .45 ACP was something like $100.

Ron

Back