Hi, I live in a communist country.

ED CHAVEZ

What .223 bolt action rifle should I buy? :confused: I am looking for a quality rifle at an affordable price. Thanks for your time. :)

I jumped before I read the whole post....sorry

[This message has been edited by DC (edited January 10, 2000).]

Ed - Hey! Me, too! (California) ;)

To answer your question, Savage Arms makes .223 bolt actions, some for under $400.00, MSRP.

If it were me, I'd fork out some extra cash and get a Remington Model 700 chambered in .223.

Of course, your intended use is also a factor in rifle selection (varmit hunting, etc.)

Cliff

What are the SRP* of the Savage Arms and Remington Model 700 .223 bolt-action rifles. And which is more forgiving to mount a scope(cash wise) and which has more aftermarket products. Thanks everyone.

*SRP-Suggested Retail Prices. ;) :D

Ed, the Remington will cost you $150-$200. more than the Savage. The Remington has more aftermarkets products that will bolt on, has a better trigger (adjustable), a better stock, and it also seems to be more popular, thus a better resale value. Accuracy wise their very comparable. Looks wise, the Remington gets my vote. If your on a tight budget go with the Savage and put the extra $200. in the scope. If you got the money, you can't beat the Remington.

Thanks everyone. Going to buy the Savage $500 "SCOUT" tomorrow. I just like the rifle, and the .308 round. Thanks again.

Back