Hi everybody!

Greeting guys--and gals! Just joined the Firing Line--my husband seems to have so much fun since he discovered this place that I thought I'd give it a shot :) Love guns--it goes a long way back in the genes. My Mom discovered my great-great-grandfather's letter: "I have just returned from Texas with my rifle on my shoulder." (pre Republic of TX) I'm a wildlife artist specializing in hunting paintings and gun dogs; however the art is kind of on hold while my husband goes to school. (I'm his scholarship.) My favorite gun (aesthetically) is a toss-up between the early PA/KY rifle and the classic English stock S/S shotguns... Oh well, I can dream. We own utilitarian stuff now because we're headed for Alaska in 20 months. Need to have moose in the freezer and a sidearm for chance encounters with grizzlies. More another time. (Hope you guys can deal with two ladies who love guns in one day...)

[This message has been edited by PreachersWife (edited October 29, 1999).]

Welcome!! :D
It's not a matter of "dealing with" the ladies. It's a hearty welcome and , "Let's go shootin'!"

Hoo-ah, schweetie, and welcome aboard!! I hope you'll have a good time here, and we look forward to hearing about your adventures. It's good to have a 'traditionalist' and keeper of the faith (I'm just a newbie handgunner).
Best regards, M2

Saints be praised and welcome to our Flock!

I'll help you with the toss-up. PA/KY longrifle, Golden Era with engraved patchbox & hidden release, poured nose, inlaid bleeding heart with "INRI" engraved on it, and inlaid fish (pointed towards muzzle and barrel pin positioned in its eye), and eight point hunter's star, and cat's eye (drilled like fish).

But I sin too and also like the shorter jaegers.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Hi preachers wife! Welcome! You may be new here but you sure arent new at shooting are you? I am REALLY new! LOL And also addicted! :) Stop in at my boards, there are alot of female shooters there, Lady DeeJ is the moderator and I am the owner! The URL is in my profile somewhere! :) Glad to see more females here! There have got to be more out there! :)

Welcome to our group. I like the Lancaster style PA rifles. My father, when his vision was really better used to build his own PA rifles, mostly flinters. Rifled his own barrels too.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Where in AK are you moving? I may be able to hook you up with some fun shooting buddies, or show you a couple of good hunting spots, depending on where you go.

Welcome to TFL and keep your powder dry.

Glad you joined. Now recruit some single women shooters of like mind who already have well estatblished arsenal, or do either of you women have any sisters, hehehe

Welcome to TFL. Hope you can stay awhile.
Jessica

------------------
The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what it is one's destiny to do, and then do it.
HENRY FORD, "Success," Forum, October 1928

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here. Enjoy!!!

------------------
No King is saved by the size of his army, No warrior excapes by his great strength alone.

Hi Mike in VA--

The traditionalist in me is on hold until my husband gets out of school, and we make a fortune as missionaries way out in the Alaskan Interior (that's a joke, by the way).
All my LC Smiths have been sold for the tuition fund...sigh.

I became a newbie handgunner myself when I met my husband in 1990. I introduced him to waterfowl (goose) hunting, and in return, he taught me how to shoot evil black plastic handguns (Glock 17, 9mm) He did so well that when I took some NRA classes at VMI to qualify for a VA carry permit, one of the instructors wanted me to teach HIM how to shoot a Glock... (By the way, when I met my husband we lived just north of Charlottesville--used to do wildlife art and dog shows in the DC area--moved to Galax VA just after our marriage. We're now in Georgia so 'preacher' can go to school.)

Good shooting!

Hi Ipecac,

We plan, God willing, to move to Nenana, on the Parks Highway north of the Alaska Range and about 55 miles south of Fairbanks. Our focus is to start a church there...

My husband preached this past summer at a new church forming in a hunting lodge down in Clear, Milepost 180. It put him in his natural habitat in a pulpit with a backdrop of grizzly hides and caribou heads. Many members there are shooters and gun rights people, but as far as we know there is no local 'gun club' per se. The nearest one we know of is in Fairbanks (under construction).
The director of the radio ministry that we worked for in Nenana is definitely a hunter.

For our new state of residence, we have just purchased matching S&W Model 29's. My husband laughs and says that it would be a whole lot cheaper if his wife just wanted matching sweaters but guns are more fun. :)

By the way, back in 1987 I shot my first handgun of all time in Alaska (before I met my husband). The fishing guide put me off on an island in the middle of the Nenana River so I could paint the scene with Denali in the background. As he headed toward the boat, I began to think about the fact that he was the only person on earth that knew where I was if he should capsize... He turned around and gave me his .44 magnum because "there were bears around". He showed me how to pull the hammer back and aim at the base of a stump, squeeeze the trigger...BOOOM! (I felt a little like Miss Demeanors at the time.) Needless to say no bears ever showed up to trouble me.

Would be delighted if you could clue us in to any other hunters/shooters and especially places to hunt when we get there. We have a lot to learn--and we love the adventure!

Good shooting!

Back