Hi Cap mags in California?

Hello,

I am trying to keep up on laws, but I don't know which ones are really enacted now in California and which ones are in limbo.

I have some hi-cap mags in California, and another guy here in California wants to buy them from me. I don't know if this is legal. Is it legal? Can I sell them to him?

Thanks!

No, you cannot sell or give the mags to someone in Calif. after 12/31/99 per SB23. You should still be able to sell them out of Calif. to states where it is still legal to buy them.

The only way those mags will be safe is if you send them to me. Send me a e-mail and I will give you my address. A hi-cap mag is a terrible thing to waste.

Illegal now as bullseye said.

Ain't this fun?

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Its still legal to sell them to the government :)

What happens if you get run over by a semi-truck. Do they bury the mags with you?

ILLEGAL, is what everyone will tell you. I would keep them and if you are cought with them show them proof of purchase or say they are collectibles. Anyways they will be rare in the future. I just found out today that I could not buy any high-cap mag from Cheaper than dirt! magazine. That really bites. Anyways I got what I wanted for christmas, I hope you did too. Please do not sell anything illegal, please. ;) :D

It is very stupid. Last week I held two mags in my hand. Both were made by the same company and both hold the same number of rounds. BUT one was made "prob" in 1998 and has a LEO stamp the other was made prior to 1994. If the average person would have one in his home he is a criminal and will be hunted down. The other is legal?????? It makes no sense. IMO "which I consider in this case a fact"
Anyone who practices can reload with spare mags darn fast. I never owned a gun that held more then 6rds "except 22 which held 10" until they started the BS about hi-caps. Now I have a couple but have never emptied a hi cap mag in one string. Even a full auto MP-5. If I ever make it to 2nd chance I will do it.

Intimidation factor.

Does anyone actually believe that the California legislature is really planning to enforce such stupidity? In order to enforce such an unbelievably off the wall "law", the CA State Police, Various County Sheriffs, and local LEO's would all have to collectively violate your 4th Amendment rights in order to "catch" you with "illegal" magazines. They would have to have you under tight surveilence, actually photograph or videotape a sale (or purchase), or otherwise witness such a transaction. Furthermore, they would have to search you at the local range (a violation of the 4th), or in your vehicle (ditto), or in your home (big ditto). Then what? So let's say they actually did catch you. Do you think that such a clear violation of your 2nd Amendment and 4th Amendment rights would ever stand up in court? Especially if you have no prior felony convictions, were innocently not bothering anyone, or were harrassed into an arrest. In addition, the "law" was supposedly drafted and passed to reduce crime, not harass innocent American citizens. What an argument that would be to any Supreme Court.

The true objective of banning "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines" is singularly apparent and obvious. That is, to eventually make the citizen army (the militia as defined in our Constitution), impotent! That's the motive, that's the agenda, and that's the goal.

American citizens need not obey laws that violate their Constitutional rights! Doing so is submission to oppression.

"Anyone who practices can reload with spare mags darn fast. I never owned a gun that held more then 6rds "except 22 which held 10" until they started the BS about hi-caps. Now I have a couple but have never emptied a hi cap mag in one string. Even a full auto MP-5. If I ever make it to 2nd chance I will do it." [/B][/QUOTE]

http:/www.guncite.com

A more logical approach to controlling ammunition capacity would be to regulate or outlaw magazines that hold more than a certain number of rounds, as President Bush has proposed. The main objection to magazine control is that there would be little if any practical gain in public safety. Since it requires only about 1.5 seconds to change a magazine, criminals could fire three 10 round magazines in essentially the same time they could fire two 15 round magazines.

2. Rate of Fire.

The rate of fire on a semiautomatic is determined by how fast the shooter can squeeze the trigger. Thus, all semiautomatics have the same effective rate of fire. It is incorrect to claim that the semiautomatics dubbed "assault weapons" have a different rate of fire from semiautomatics which the anti-gun lobby considers "sporting guns."

Moreover, common hunting shotguns that are not even semiautomatic are potentially more lethal than semiautomatics. [37] The Winchester Model Twelve pump action shotgun can fire six "00 buckshot" shells, containing large, .33 caliber shotgun pellets, in three seconds. [38] Since each "buckshot" shell contains twelve of these .33 caliber pellets, the non-semiautomatic Winchester shotgun can fire seventy-two potentially lethal projectiles in three seconds. [39] The Remington Model 1100 12-gauge shotgun is a popular semiautomatic duck hunting gun, [40] and it can dispatch 72 buckshot pellets in two and one half seconds. [41] The rate of fire of a semiautomatic Kalashnikov like the AKS is forty shots per minute. [42] Either the Model 12 or the Model 1100 shotguns, neither of which is currently considered an "assault weapon," is potentially more dangerous than the proscribed weapons that have a more evil-looking "military" styling. [43]

------------------
Nancy

file:///C:/My%20Documents/donttread.gif

Hi Nancy, its Ed Chavez from Guns.com, you came over to The Firing Line that is good we need more people like you. With your wisdom and all. I hope to see you here more often, to talk about all what is wrong/ right in todays U.S.of A. Anyways, see you later and take care. :) :D ;)

Back