Hey does anybody remember the movie Armed and Dangerous?

Doug.38PR

For a few grins in Tactical and Training, does anybody remember the movie Armed and Dangerous with John Candy back in the mid 1980s?
None of my friends down here seem to remember this movie but me. I just got it on DVD. THE best scene in the movie is the Security Guard training school! All these weirdos and psychopaths attending and graduating (in two hours.) I LOVE the scene on the gun range with all the loonys falling in love with their M-19s shooting the innocent cardboard civilians, birds flying overhead, and spraying bullets over the place. John Candy (who is an X cop) is the only one who knows what he is doing out there. (notice at some points, they remove their hearing protection on the range and then just keep firing while forgetting to put the earmuffs back on. :eek: )

Great movie...John Candy and Eugene Levy made a great pair. What was the hand cannon that he uses towards the end of the movie? A redhawk? It's been a while.

Hehehe, remember how Candy went fishin' in that? Caught a shark on his fishing line and pulled his Detective .38 Special among a peerload of people. Waves it around and unloads into the shark. THen poses with his gun next to the dead shark on the fishing line with bullet holes all over it :p
Can you imagine trying that in real life :D

Truck Driver: Slim, I ain't never seen a handgun that big before.

Frank Dooley (John Candy): Yeah, it's a fifty caliber. They used to use it to hunt buffalo with, up close. It's only legal in two states, and this isn't one of them.

Back