Herter's Dies???

PolarFBear

I have a few Herter's dies. I don't recall how I came into them. Is Herter's still in business? Anyone else have experience with them? The 38/357 sizing die does have a THICK tungsten carbide (T/C) ring. Tried a few sizings on the Lee APP. It finished with the last 1/8th inch, near the base, still slightly bulged. They do "PASS" in the Lyman case checker. Thanks.

Herters went bankrupt and has been out of business for a number of years. Cabella acquired their brand name and sell a num
ber of things under that brand.

T. O., in the 60's I had a set of Herter dies in 22-250 and 308, both were full resizing dies, not neck sizing. I also owned for a short period of time a Herters Worlds Strongest Press, took two hands to size any size case with it.

I have a few Herter's dies. I don't recall how I came into them. Is Herter's still in business? Anyone else have experience with them? The 38/357 sizing die does have a THICK tungsten carbide (T/C) ring. Tried a few sizings on the Lee APP. It finished with the last 1/8th inch, near the base, still slightly bulged. They do "PASS" in the Lyman case checker. Thanks.
Years ago (60's-70's?) I had a set .41 magnum carbide dies from Herters. They sized the cases with the same bulge you describe. At some point I bought a carbide set of dies for the .41 Magnum from another company and that set did not produce the bulge. Back in those days the shooting rags acknowledged the bulge problem with the Herter's carbide dies.

Back