Herters 7MM Rem. Mag.

allhowl

Inactive
Hope someone can help me. I have a Herters 7mm Rem. Mag. bolt action rifle (which is super accurate) & I want to get a synthetic stock for it. I don't know what model of rifle it is. Was it made by someone other than Herters or is it a sporterized 98 or what? Thanks in advance for any information!

Over the years, Herter's marketed very good rifles at excellant prices. Most were contracted by major manufacturers in England, Yugoslavaia, Sweeden etc etc. Many were available with custom barrels and other features. Sourcing varied over the years.

There should be a model designation somewhere on the receiver, such as U-9....J-9 etc etc. Mostly Mauserish but with variations in detail.

A plastic stock may be fitted easily, or with difficulty. Depending on your individual rifle.

Sam

Thanks Sam, the Herters rifle says made in Germany & shows to be a model XK3. I want to get a synthetic stock to replace the stock it has now. Do you know where I could find out if it is a 98 Mauser or other? Alan:confused:

Alan.....kinda klunky idea but best I can think of is to borrow a known 98 and see if your barreled action fits it's stock properly. Then you will have a known pattern for huntin down the plastic stock.

Sam

Back