Heritage Stealth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy V

Your thougts on Heritage Manufacturings Stealth pistol in 40SW. I am not one for cheap firearms but I own one of these and am impressed. Do you know of any weeknesses or trouble areas to watch for?

I don't know about the .40, but the 9 mm I used to have was a real nice piece of work, and it would have been for double the money. Full 4" bbl in a tiny piece and I really like the accuracy with the gas delayed blowback action - the best I've ever gotten out of any 9 mm. And it loved Hirtenberger +P+ ammo!

I only got rid of the thing because I bought a Glock 33 in .357 Sig. The kid I sold it to was delighted.

The only weakness I noticed was that the Mec-Gar magazines - which, don't get me wrong, I love Mec-Gar - if you left them loaded with 10 rounds for months on end (I didn't do this, but the kid I sold it to did) , they would get a little weak in the springs. No big deal to fix at all. You know, actually there was one more thing: what the heck is the deal with that poorly designed, bureaucratically mandated "safety" behind the trigger? As a lefty, I appreciated the ambidexterity of the thing, but the detent ball was just not enough to keep the thing from flopping around, at least in my early 9mm Stealth.

Anyway, heck of a deal for the money. I can't believe they're not much more popular.

cheers,
erich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back