Heritage Rough Rider 22

Yep. Price will vary depending on where you are in Illinois. Don't pay more than $200, no matter where you are. They are decent little plinkers, I have a 4 3/4" bird's head combo, and down here they can usually be had everywhere for between $159-$199, depending on finish, combo or not, etc...

For less that $200 . . .

I bought my in IL.

For less than $200 you should be able to get one that has both the 22 LR and the 22 mag cylinder.

I've had mine for a few years and yes, it's cheaply made, but my is accurate and fun to shoot.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

I recall seeing something on a sign at Dunham's in Peru Illinois that says something along the line of due to Illinois state law, we do not sell Heritage Rough Rider revolvers. I could be wrong, the memory ain't what it used to be.

EDIT: I just did a search on this subject. Seems the all steel Rough Rider is legal to sell in Illinois but the alloy ones are not.

They can only sell Heritage Arms with a steel frame. Illinois does not allow zink guns to be sold there in Illinois
Chapter 5, paragraph 25.22(h) of the Illinois State Code makes it illegal for any dealer, importer, manufacturer or pawnbroker, to manufacture, sell or deliver to anyone, except another gun dealer licensed by the Federal government, any handgun having a barrel, slide, frame or receiver that has a die casting of zinc alloy or any other non-homogenous metal which will melt or deform at a temperature of 800 degrees Fahrenheit or less. This law was passed in October, 1973.
Heritage does make steel ones.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...B6+Rough+Rider+6RD+22LR22MAG+6.5"+Steel+Frame

Last edited:
peggysue . . . I have no dog in this fight since I don't live in Illinois. But I am curious . . . Illinois banned zinc, etc.f or handguns . . do they allow it for rifles? My thoughts go to the Henry 22s. If they banned it for handguns, and not long guns, what was their reasoning?

I have a Rough Rider 22 with a 4 3/4" barrel and a pot metal frame. A nice little plinker at a great price and I have absolutely no reservations about shooting it regardless of the frame composition. Just curious about such things as the Henry rifle with non steel receiver and what their reasoning was for the ban on the handguns other than maybe to outlaw really cheap "saturday night specials".

Thanks. :)

It is just against the cheap hand guns. I believe it was done to rid the nation of cheap Saturday night specials being imported and sold in a few liberal states.

Back