Heritage Gun Safes?

RickRos

Inactive
Hello,
I have been looking at gun safes, and around here, it looks like Heritage is the best deal. I would like to get some feedback from any one who owns a Heritage.
I searched the forum, and I found one guy who was thinking about buying one, but no one said that they already had one. So, any one?
Thanks for the information.
Regards,
Rick

Rick,

If your looking for a safe you may want to give Southern Securities a call. They will give you no BS answers to question about differnent safes (IRT construction, security, etc). They also have fairly good prices.

They can be reached at 800.251.9992. I usually talk to Randy.

BTW, where are you located. The reason I ask is that I'm trying to sell my current safe.

Gunny:

What size safe do you have and how much you asking? I have a friend in Ocala who is looking for a good used one.

Rick -

Great, the safe I'm trying to sell is also located in NY. Right near Poughkeepsie.

Here are the spec's -

American Security, FDH7240/26
72"H x 40"W x 26"D
Sergeant & Greenleaf Lock (with key secondary lock system in dial)
26 Gun Interior
2 Shelves
3 Shelf partition (btwn two 13 Long Gun Storage sides)
Fire lined (1275 Degree 30 minutes)
Golden Rod Dehumidifier installed
Heavy Duty Construction (Solid 3/8" Door (unlike current 1" doors that are 1/8" steel, dry wall, 1/8" steel construction), 1/4" Body, normal construction is 2/8" door and 1/8" body)
Internal Hinges
Hunter Green with Gold hardware.

Has Dent on right side from shipment (still structurally sound) and small pant rub on left side (have touch up paint but never got around to it). I paid a little over $2000 for it back in 95. These Safes (Heavy Duty Construction) were made by AmSec specifically for Southern Security, only available through them Anyway the closest comparable safe would be a Ft Knox with a couple upgrades... total cost a little over $2500.

I want $1500 for the Safe. It can be moved in a Full Sized Truck bed or by trailer (been there, done those).

CZ, like I told Rick, the safe is located in NY. Shipping to FL would be, I'd guess, 300 or so. If your friend is interested I can set up the shipping through the company I use to work for (they get discounted shipping).

Schmit,
Thanks for the information, but that is a bit more safe than I am interested in. Sounds like a very good deal, but I don't think that I have a place for a safe that big, and I don't know how I would move it.

I guess no one out there has a Heritage Safe? Hmmm, that kind of bothers me.

Regards,
Rick

Back