Henry rifles

Deer hunter88

Has anyone been able to get their hands on the new Henry single shot rifle? I wouldn't mind having one chambered in .308 but isn't $427 a bit pricey for a single shot rifle?

Considering it's American made and bound to be high quality like their lever guns I don't think the price is unreasonable.

Those Henrys are not bargain basement guns with flimsy plastic stocks and poorly fitted foreign parts.
They're quality, and the price reflects that.
Denis

They haven't shipped yet.
Keep your eyes peeled.

And... 'street price' is likely to be noticeably lower than MSRP. They're likely to be priced just a bit higher than where the H&R Handi-Rifles were at before they were discontinued.

Unless you want bargain basement, it's not pricey.

I do admit that the images and video of the hammer have me concerned, though. Thin. Very thin.

Been waiting also.
The Henry will be my first Bohemian Ruger #1 if and when it ever gets here. (45-70)
The Ruger No. 1 uses a Farquharson action. This new Henry will use a standard break barrel action.

I am interested in what kinds of sighting options will be available. While almost everyone and their brother will undoubtedly put a scope on them, I would be more interested in a range adjustable peep arrangement. Hopefully this can accommodated. I think that and a nice leather sling would set this gun off nicely (so to speak). I only wish it came in a blued finish, not the matte black they are going with, but at least they aren't using laminate wood like many other American manufacturers of inexpensive rifles.

While almost everyone and their brother will undoubtedly put a scope on them, I would be more interested in a range adjustable peep arrangement. Hopefully this can accommodated.
Contact Skinner Sights.
He's probably already considering something for the Henry (and waiting for a sample rifle), so a little encouragement is likely to help.

IIRC , 223, 243, 308, 44mag, 45-70.
For those who have never hunted with a 45-70 ...it's a great old cartridge. It punches a big hole , and no deer has complained ! It doesn't do it's work by velocity . For a bit less recoil use the 300 gr .The standard bullets I found were
too fragile so I have used the factory loaded 300 gr all copper Barnes .
I hope you can find a "ghost ring peep " as they work very well . Ghost ring means a thin ring ! :)

I put ghost rings on my 44mag rossi m92--I'm actually hitting pie plate sized targets out to 80 yds pretty consistently shooting free-hand--better than I've ever been able to do with any other irons. The only thing that remains a drawback is adjust windage--still need a hammer and soft punch.

$427 list for a single shot rifle is not a premium... Heck an encore is more and a Number 1 certainly is alot more.
Henry makes nice rifles, I hope it sells well.

Mr. Imperato told me to keep my eye peel for some new calibers next year when I requsted a 357 mag suitable for rechambering to max or a factory max rifle.

Also seemed not too disagreeable to the idea of a nitride finished hunter oriented series as some of the BP ML manufacturers have done.
Even sent me a cap and coffee cup for the suggestion.

Back