Henry Repeating Arms shipped loaded Youth Rifles...

The manufacturer includes bullets and people get upset...some people would bitch if you hung 'em with a new rope.

Although anyone pulling a gun down off of the rack at a gun shop for someone else to look at should open the action ... I can't tell you how many times I've been at even a major store and someone pulled down a pistol or rifle without checking to make sure it's empty. Doubbly dangerous given that so many customers take the gun and immediately begin pointing it all around.

This really shouldn't be an especially dangerous situation -- if you could count on gun counter people following the 4 basic rules of gun handling.

Hopefully this won't result in anything bad happening -- just an embarassing story and the new guy in the test last either getting retrained or fired for not clearing all the rounds out of the weapons.

Here is one anti take on it:

quote from gunguys.com

Josh Sugarmann, executive director of the Violence Policy Center adds, “The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives should move immediately to identify any federal laws or regulations that have been violated while doing everything in its power to make sure that each and every one of these guns is identified and that proper safeguards are put in place to ensure that such a public safety threat is never again repeated.”

I realize that companies have to be held legally and civilly liable when they make mistakes that endanger people ... but do we really write laws so that we can crush companies that make honest mistakes, confess up to it, send out warnings, and do everything in their power to correct it? Especially when, at least so far, no one has been hurt?

Oh yeah ... the anti's have written laws and pushed for enforcement to punish just these sorts of things to make gun ownership and production just that more difficult. More legal hurdles.

With ammo prices the way they're going, I'd be happy to order a rifle and it come pre-loaded.....after all, it's free ammo. :D

One question, were these blue pills (Proofing loads) that they left in the guns?

A question please,my understanding is that in handguns proofing loads are red.

Are proofing loads for rifles normally blue?:confused:

NukemJim

Back