Henry Lever Action .410

kst8fan

I was browsing Henry’s website the other day and seen that they are making lever action .410 shotguns now. They look really well made as all Henry rifles are. I’m in the market for a 410 so I went to my local gun shop to see how much they were and when could he get one. Turns out they are next impossible to get right now, and he said he called his distributor and they can’t even get him one for quite some time. They appear to be one of the hottest guns to come by right now. Anone else purchased one of these rare shotguns and if so how do they perform?

Grices, in Clearfield, PA had one pass through for a customer, some months ago. Very nice gun, but that one was spoken for and they said all I could do, was put my name on the list.

The gun reminded me very much of my .357 Big Boy Steel, but a bit longer. The style also seemed to have a Marlin Model 36 picture in the mind of the designer.

Me thinks Anthony Imperator is us gun guy's Samba Clause: gives us all something to wish for!

I have two Henry's so far, and if I could afford it I would fill my safe with them. Great little rifles and just so fun to shoot. Mine are BBS in .357 and .41 mag. For me they balance perfect and are the most natural pointing rifles I've ever had in over 50 years of shooting. I have no problem off a good solid rest with stock iron sights shooting 3"-4" groups at 100 yds.

I handled one at a hardware store in Cincinnati Ohio of all places a month ago. It had all of the quality you'd expect from a Henry as far as fit and finish is concerned. They had it priced reasonably, given its demand, at about $800, but a vulture swooped in and snatched it up before I could make a deal. Unfortunately, that vulture had ridden in the truck with me and I call him father, so I could not remain angry for very long.
There is one posted on Armslist about two hours away from me in Oklahoma City for $1000 if you are interested.

I don't currently own a Henry (would like to change that at some point, a Big Boy Silver in 45 Colt really speaks to me) but my sister has a few.. A Golden Boy, Golden Boy Youth, and a brass 30-30 that belonged to our late father. Beautiful looking and shooting rifles.

I really like Henry in general for continually expanding their product line of lever rifles in a world seemingly dominated by bolt and black rifles. Kudos Henry!

Y’know it’s rude to tease right?
The great thing about Henry is that they'll honestly answer nearly any question posed by a customer. You don't have to be an 'industry insider'.
If you ask the right questions, they'll even talk about projects that are still being prototyped, and haven't been announced or even hinted at publicly.

For example, there are two more versions of the .327 Federal Big Boy yet to be released, but Henry was more than willing to spill (some of) the beans on those back in February.

Odd, that. Both Winchester ( on the 94 frame ) and Marlin manufactured .410 lever action and they were not big sellers.

There's one in particular in development that should draw some interest among aficionados of a certain type of gun not now currently offered by Henry.

There- I've totally given it away. :)
Denis

There- I've totally given it away.
Denis

No you haven't. I have no idea what you are talking about but I am super curious. Please tell more.:(:(:(

I don't own a Henry. Yet. But I have about given up on Marlin making any more 357 rifles. For the last few years I have been buying guns in pairs so I have one each to leave to my sons. I have a Marlin 357 and would like to have a second one. But I think the Henry is going to have to fill the bill.

I would like to have a Henry just to support what has to be one of the best companies we have. U.S. made and with a warranty as good as Ruger. And thats is a compliment of the highest order.

Plus I would like to have one of the lever action 22 mags. I have a Marlin 39A that shoots like a target rifle but am a big fan of the 22 mag round. I have two Marlin bolts in 22 mag (see, one for each son) but would love a 22 mag none the less. What a great cartridge.

Dude, I've totally blown all the secrecy & suspense on the new Henry model. :)

As for Marlin, they're (I have been told) actually getting closer to the .357.
And if their plans for that caliber do work out, there'll be some happy Marlin campers.
Denis

Seems like a lot of the newest offerings by Henry are tough to come by. The single shot rifles, the .410, the .327... I expect that to change as supply meets demand.

Stay tuned, he's got more fun stuff in the works.
Denis
There's one in particular in development that should draw some interest among aficionados of a certain type of gun not now currently offered by Henry.

Lever actions with a loading gate? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

For example, there are two more versions of the .327 Federal Big Boy yet to be released, but Henry was more than willing to spill (some of) the beans on those back in February.
Wait, what? I thought the .327 Big Boy was just coming out in steel and brass in 16 and 20 inch barrels? Are they coming out with a takedown version or an all weather model next?

Dpris said:

There- I've totally given it away.
Denis

Henry is making an AR15?

:eek::eek::eek:

Wait, what? I thought the .327 Big Boy was just coming out in steel and brass in 16 and 20 inch barrels? Are they coming out with a takedown version or an all weather model next?
Color Case and All Weather may have been discussed... ;)

If you want to know if they're still in-work or under consideration, send an email and ask what is coming next for .327 Federal. Get it straight from the horse's mouth. They're pleasant people to deal with.

Does anyone know if the 20” bbl version can handle slugs? The barrel is not rifled but has a tapered factory choke barrel.

Back