Henry h001T .22

smitherians

Inactive
What are the plastic parts on this rifle? I'm thinking on picking one up as a plinker/small game hunter. What is the receiver made of? Any help would be appreciated. :)

I own one. The butt pad is hard plastic. That's it.

Receiver is painted aluminum.

Extremely accurate and fun to shoot. The heavy barrel makes it point and balance very well.

Sent from MIUI using Tapatalk 2.

The butt pad, and the magazine follower are made of plastic.

yeah I don't know how to reiterate what mrawesome22 said, but they're just fun to shoot.
for plinking they're great, and for small game like rabbit they work well too.
I have one in a .22lr and it has no problems feeding CCI's .22shorts.

Bought one of the youth models today myself (just fits me better) and this thing is a very fun gun. The satisfaction of flinging that lever forward and watching the brass casing fling off to the side while still looking down the sights is great, and the ability to time it how you want is something that the semi autos just can't do.

With my old Red Rider above.

gM1X6.jpg

I agree with the previous posters. Great little rifles and they don't have any plastic other than the usual parts, butt plate and follower. You'll be hard-pressed to find a .22 levergun out there with a smoother action than a Henry. Here's my standard H001 model.

h001s.jpg

thanks for all the help

Thanks for all the help you guys, I will probably pick one up this week from our local dealer. Who knows maybe I'll be able to hit the range.

Last edited:
The Henry receiver itself is steel; the receiver COVER is cast from Zamak, an alloy, and painted/powder-coated.

Many refinish their damaged/scratched covers via stripping, polishing - then either leaving them bright, muting the brightness, or applying cold blue in a splotch method for faux case colors.
A few oeners have had the covers & bbl band bras plated, ala Golden Boy - sans the cost & stock drop.

The front band and front sight were plastic on the older H001's. I don't know if they still are.

The OP referred to the H001T (Octagon Frontier), which was always an upgrade from the H001 Standard, and never had plastic parts.

Back