Henry Big Boy .357 front sight and Skinner Express

fotojake

I put a Skinner Express on my Henry Big Boy .357 and took it to the indoor range to zero 'er at 25 yards (indoor range max distance). After lowering the rear peep as far as possible the rifle still shoots about three inches high from point of aim. I know I need a taller front sight vs the factory Henry one that is currently on there. I went to Skinner's web site and tried to figure out what I needed when it comes to sight base size and sight height, but the web site is so damn wordy I can't make heads or tails out of what would work for me.

Looking for any info from anyone who has dealt with this, or, from anyone who just knows the answer.

I'm shooting 158 grain .357 mag Gatco (German made ammo).

Ultimately, I want to shoot out to 100 yds. Will the bullet drop 3" at that distance? If it does, I'll leave well enough alone!

Thanks, y'all.

Call Brownells or Williams and tell them where you're at right now with the sight bottomed out. They can calculate the needed added height.

I have a Big Boy Steel carbine .357 with a Skinner peep that I shoot at 100 yards all the time. Before you go and buy more parts or change anything else I would shoot it at 100 and see how it does.

With the front dot sitting on the bottom of the peep ring I'm right on at 100, also shooting 158gr.

Edit: shooting 158gr .38 spl at 100 I have to hold a few inches low, for reasons I'm still not sure I fully understand.

Back