Henry all-weather vs. Winchester 92 in .357 mag

Which pistol caliber lever action.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eazyeach

Hello everybody. I am in the market for a lever gun in a pistol caliber this year. I’m trying to buy less than 3 guns this year(stupid resolution I know), so buying both is not an option. I have no serious use intended for this. Just for fun. I’m intrigued by the Henry all-weather and Winchester 92. I know they’re totally different, but these are the two I’ve narrowed it down to.

Please vote if you feel like it and maybe tell me why you picked what you picked. . If anyone owns one or both and would like to enlighten me, please feel free. Thanks for your time. Btw they’re both around the same price at my LGS.

I’ve got the Henry .357 in steel, would have gone all weather had the funds been available. It’s just a great fun gun for me.

Of those, I'd take the Winchester (my brother has a .45Colt Trapper, and it's a hoot!) but for my money I'd get a Marlin.

If the Henry used a loading gate there is no question in my mind I would get the Henry. To me, at that point, it would very nearly be the perfect woods gun. It does not and that really leaves me leaning towards the Winchester.

Henry is supposed to have loading gate models in the pipeline. If I were choosing models to start production with 357 mag would be near the top of the list. I might get something else this year and see what develops from Henry.

Does Henry really have thoughts on a proper gate loading lever? I have seen and handled their new magazine loading lever. This an idea that is overdue again in the market.

If Henry puts a loading gate in then that is game changer, until then, I will just be very selective with a new Marlin. And stainless instead of chrome.

3C

Back