Henry 22 rifles - please comment on trigger

flashhole

If you own a Henry lever action or Henry pump action 22 can you please comment on the trigger? Is it adjustable for poundage? Smooth?

My daughter is in the 4-H shooting sports and this is one of the guns on the list of candidates for consideration going into next year. The other is the CZ 455 American. I know the CZ is adjustable to the point of it being a non accuracy issue when shooting. She finished out 4-H competition this year with a borrowed Savage and did well but she kept complaining about the heavy trigger pulling the front of the gun down. All competitions are standing off-hand shooting, not at a bench.

I have the lever action.

The trigger on mine isn't adjustable, but is pretty light with a bit of creep. It's not a target gun especially with the rudimentary sights, mainly a fun plinker. I'd highly recommend the CZ for more accuracy work.

I have a lever action .22 and the trigger isnt adjustable but it is very light. When I let neices and nephews shoot it I have to make sure their finger isnt on the trigger or around it for that matter until they are ready to shoot. One of the reasons its such a great shooter.

I have had and still do have Henry rifles as well as others. I do not consider the Henry to be competitive. They are loads of fun to shoot. And it is true a particular brand of ammo might be found to be dead on at a particular range, but the trigger is not what I regard as being in the same playing field as competition guns. As an example: I can take my Henry to one of my local shooting events. I can fire the 40 rounds at the chickens, pigs, turkeys, and rams- but I won't win. I have a different rifle that can win- but it's not as fun to shoot as the Henry.

Henry .22 rifles trigger

Savage with the accu trigger or Marlin with the accu trigger should fill the bill nicely. :) Cliff

I have a Henry Golden Boy 22 and find the trigger to be quite good, its light and crisp. I also like the white diamond on the rear sight and the brass bead on the front sight.
It's true it is not a match target rifle but it is very very accurate and fun to shoot.

I have a Henry lever action carbine .22lr. The trigger is not adjustable, however the one on my rifle is very good. It is also way more accurate than I would have believed.

Having worked with several Henry rimfire levers & just finished a CZ 455, I'd go with the CZ for your purposes.
Denis

The Henry is a very accurate gun with an extremely slick action but for competition I'd go with the CZ.

Henry

I should have added I have a Henry .17HMR ,FUN GUN TO SHOOT, but it does not have a target grade trigger,. I stand by my previous comment on the Savage or Marlin rifles. :) Cliff

Back