Help with Walther

101_proof

My buddy found a Walther pistol moving stuff out of his grandparents old house and I was trying to find out some mor e about it. I have searched around on the internet and havnt found much info. Its a .32 model 3, I think. Its one of the earlier models as the slide serrations are wide and the markings along with no rear sight just a groove. The left side is marked "selbstlade-pistoie cal 7.65 walther s-patent" On the right side it has "carl walther warfenfabrik zella st.blasil" serial# 34xxx. The finish is in rough shape but there are no nicks in the grips nor is the metal rusted or pitted in any way. Any help would be appreciated. It looks just like the one on the bottom left but the empty brass ejects to the left.

mod4-7.jpg

[Edited by 101_proof on 03-14-2001 at 08:09 PM]

Unfortunately, the picture did not come through on your post so I can't be sure of what you have.

However, it does indeed sound like you have a Model 3, a fairly unusual find. Zella-St Blasii was the original name for the town that became Zella-Mehlis in either 1913 or 1914, I can't remember exactly which year.

Here's more than you probably want to know:

http://members.nbci.com/stationf/originals/Model_3.htm

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

Back