Help with Sling Mount for High Standard Riot Gun

LRS1951

Inactive
Newbie here.

I have a decent collection overall. I specifically have a "High Standard Riot Gun" (12-gauge). It has an full extension tube on a 18 1/8" barrel (making it an 18/6+1). It looks just like the last one posted in another Thread here - see pics attached... Never mind, pics won't upload.

Check this thread:

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560998

It has almost no markings on it (High Standard, city / state, proofed for 12-gauge 2 3/4" shells, serial # on left side receiver #3211???.... no double letter date letters on barrel, nothing else). And it has rifle sights versus a bead.

I have had this shotgun (bought used but mint condition, still in excellent shape) about 30 years (maybe 35???).

It has a mounted recoil pad and a lower sling swivel on base of shoulder stock, but no swivel mount on front end.

I have looked at a number of swivel assemblies that attach to the feed tube in front of the pump action handle, but would prefer something that mounts to the end of the feed tube as shown in the modification here.

Any info would be appreciated.

Front tube cap sling assembly for High Standard Riot Gun

Yes, I have. They - and several other places -
have mounts that clamp on to the feeding tube forward of the pump forearm. I am specifically looking, as indicated, for a setup as shown in the other Thread on the High Standard Riot Gun with the rifle sights.

I found an (old, expired) online ad for a High Standard K120 Riot Gun. While I am not sure mine is a K120 (likely older), the resemblance is pretty much exact.

If the pics don't upload, the site I found is at:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/49306...e--high-standard-k-120-riot-shotgun-12-guage-

Mine is definitely a 6+1 with an 18" barrel (18 1/8th inch) and full magazine tube extension.
I am looking to get a front end tube cap swivel mount as was set up on the indicated K120 (the sling swivel assembly is already on the stock - I got it that way).

Attachments

• 4930617_01_high_standard_k_120_riot_shotg_640 (1).jpg
    4930617_01_high_standard_k_120_riot_shotg_640 (1).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 4930617_02_high_standard_k_120_riot_shotg_640 (1).jpg
    4930617_02_high_standard_k_120_riot_shotg_640 (1).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 109
Magpul's forward sling mount should work with it, I have it on my 590 and it's great. Can use either paraclips or qd sockets. Just another option.

E1D74286-D29D-48B1-96C8-56319CEC8E92_zpsddlpzvw6.jpg

C8DB99DD-EBF7-4ACE-9757-F5DEBE95EB05_zpsmtkmctqd.jpg

Sling Mount for High Standard Riot Gun

It already has a sling attachment in rear (wooden shoulder stock). It needs a magazine tube cap replacement (optional item) that would normally contain the front sling attachment.

I found a lot more info on the likely identity of the shotgun. Appears that it is a High Standard K120 or a K1200 Deluxe Riot Gun (18" barrel, rifle sights, full extension magazine tube that has had a recoil pad added prior to my possession).

I even located online a schematic diagram from High Standard for this line (it is like from the 1960s... the included price list for the numbered parts is amusing - brought back memories). Anyway, the part was both numbered and named. I checked the schematic diagram on Numrich Arms for this model and found the diagrams matched and the part was displayed - but not in stock!!!

So until the (unlikely) situation where it comes back in stock or I find one otherwise, I am going to have to go with a tube mount attachment similar to the one shown. My preference is one where the mounting is underneath rather than to the side - and can be purchased separately for the front attachment only as the rear attachment is already there.

And spare slings I have stored away. Leather, canvas, you name it.

P. S. In the movie "Getaway", Steve McQueen's character ("Doc") uses this same model in more than one shooting scene (I believe, if memory serves me right, that his was the Standard model with regular bead sight and not the rifle sights).

Pic attached is of current rear swivel attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 111
Hey that's my thread! You can't really add it to the front because of how it mounts afaik. Easiest way is to replace the bolt with one with a sling loop. I took the bolt out and just compared it to ones at the shop to find mine.

RE: "Easiest way is to replace the bolt with one with a sling loop. I took the bolt out and just compared it to ones at the shop to find mine."

That sounds like a pretty good idea. And quite a bit more simple if I can locate a match.

Back