Help with Ruger 22/45

Glock_Racer

I've installed the Volquartsen accurizing kit (trigger, hammer, sear, trigger spring)and also their extractor and spring. I assemble the gun back together and the bolt functions fine but when I pull the trigger the hammer does not engage, and theres no click like when the firing pin engages. I can't figure out why it's doing this. I'm thinking it has something to do with that hard to install sear & spring. What is wrong?!

I am not sure I understand your problem, does the hammer not reset to the firing position? Or is it that the hammer won’t release? If the hammer won’t release (won’t fire) the first thing to do is back out the trigger over travel screw (Allen screw in the trigger), if it’s set to tight the trigger won’t move back far enough to release the hammer, make sure it’s not touching the frame and see if it releases the hammer of course MAKE SURE IT”S UN-LOADED. If that solves your problem start turning the screw in until the over travel is set to where the gunfires and then the screw stops the trigger movement, this part is kind of trial and error. If that's not your problem then the sear-spring might be in wrong but try the over travel screw first and let me know.

John

If I remember correctly on a 22/45 you have to use the factory sear spring .The Vorquartsen spring is for the Mark II only. If you had to fold the sear forward to put the hammer in you did it right. I use the safty to hold the sear in place so I can install the trigger easier.

The bolt feels fine but you get no "click" right? The trigger feels like its not connected to anything? Yeah, ive had this problem.

if u pull the lever at the back of the grip and look behind it you will see the little bar that goes up to the hammer. you have to make sure this bar is under pressure. Try taking it down and re-assemble it. im pretty sure this is your problem. Ive had it happen to me several times.

If that was vague, just email me and ill go into more detail.

Tim :)

Volquartsen's great in technical support for problems like this. If you don't figure it out, give them a call, and they'll talk you through it.

Back