Help with new VZ24 mauser

argyle1812

Hello, I'm new to this forum wondering if anything can help me identify my new mauser. it is a czech vz 24 mauser 8mm. guy i bought it from told me it was used in the spanish civil war. where the lion crest would be is says ceskoslovenska zbrojovka. BRNO serial number is 4268 next to it says U2 above it is E with a lion then 30. any help would be appreciated. will post pic later.

I just bought one of these last week. Haven't been able to shoot it yet, but hope to get out to the range soon. Post pics of yours if you have time.

The VZ (Model) 24 was a commercial military rifle and was sold to armies (official and unofficial) throughout the world, so one or more could have been used in the Spanish Civil War.

But, like all such stories, it is just that, so the rifle has to be valued on its own, giving no value to the story.

The VZ 24 is arguably the very best of the Mauser 98's. All were beautifully made and finished, although many imported have had rough treatment and barrels are often in poor condition due to use of ammunition with corrosive primers.

Jim

Back