Help with new assualt rifle

drdriller

I am looking to buy an assault rifle before it becomes outlawed by the government. I am most concerned with it being able to hold 30 rounds and be very, very, reliable. I don't want to take the chance of any jams. I would use this for self defense in an emergency. What would be your recommendation?

p.s. I already have a remington police magnum 12 gauge. Would you even get one, or stick with the remington?

thanks

Look at a chinese SKS poor mans AK-47. cheap ammo and reliable easy to clean and few parts. clips attach easly and fix mags come out easily. i have couple of the yugos and chinese sks. for clips i went to cabelas and can get 6 30rd mags for around $100 all metal clips great deal

I am looking to buy an assault rifle before it becomes outlawed by the government.

I'd go with either a Colt M16 or an HK MP5. Both are running in the $16,000 to $20,000 range right now. I don't believe there are any transferrable Bushmasters in the NFA.

Oh, you mean a SEMI-automatic rifle that has the appearance of a select fire "assault rifle".....in that case Bushmaster is a good selection.

Please learn the correct terminology. If we cannot describe firearms correctly, we don't stand a chance of educating the common citizen.

If you mean assault rifle, I'd second the M16 suggestion (and MP5 for a submachinegun, and G3/CETME for a 7.62x51 battle rifle)...but that's just me.

If you mean "assault weapon" you are in the wrong section, as they are definitely not NFA firearms.

Sorry, I don't know enough to know what I mean. That is why I started this thread. I'll look in another section. I just wanted a good, reliable rifle that holds about 30 rounds. I know the name Bushmaster, and that's about it. I am very familiar with handguns, but not semi-auto rifles.
thanks for the help

i would get a FAL plenty of .308 ammo around and it is sure fun to shoot, and hey, don't worry about the assault weapon remarks, they are just giving you a hard time.

Arg! I was thinking a converted HK-93 (.223) and typed MP5.

The section is fine, you just fell into the government's trap of calling everything painted black an "assault weapon".

Bushmaster makes excellent firearms. Right now, AR-15 clones are hopping off the shelves. You might want to just go to the local dealers and see what they have in stock.

most reliable?

Since you asked for very very reliable, my suggestion for you is to get a Kalashnikov. If want a classic look then get 1977 or 1975 Russian full stock. If you want something compact, I strongly recomment an AMD 65 the Hungarian 7.62x39 in folding stock. A few drum mags and you should be good to go so long as the ammo lasts.

AK-47 Semiauto works well.

VectorAK47.jpg

As will a AR-15

AR-15Family.jpg

Back