Help with Identifing model of Western Auto Double Barrel 12ga

MisterYuck

When I was 10 or 11 (1978 or so) my Mother and Stepfather took me to a Western Auto store in a nearby town. I was allowed to pick any gun I wanted that they had for sale that day. I chose a 12ga double barrel side by side without rabbit ears. It was chambered in 2 3/4 and had full choke on one and modified on the other barrel. I think the barrel was 30". It was a bit heavy as I recall but it shot really well. It had a single button release at the end of the forearm and it did not shoot the shells out hard like the extractors on the old single shot savage shot guns. It had a slightly raised rib running down the middle of the two barrels with a little brass ball sight at the end. The woodwork on the stock was nice. I really miss that old gun and would like to find another, if only I know what it was. I believe it was a revelation brand, but I am not sure... Help....

I think I found it...

Looks like an E.R. Armentia from Brazil. I don't recall that name being on it any where, but I stumbled across a photo of one, and it was a spitting image. Looks like they were cheap guns. I didn't see any problems with mine, but heck, I was a kid then and didn't know any better. Thanks to anyone who put any time into trying help me with this search.

Western Auto guns were made by a wide variety of US makers.

Proofhouse has the conversion tables from WA models and who made them

I was never much of an expert on shotguns, but I have seen quite a few marked "Western Auto", and owned a bolt action marked with it. Maybe that is the brand name you should be looking for.

Western Auto---Revelation

Wards---Western Field--Hawthorne

The Western Auto and Wards stores were about 1 block apart when I
was growing up, Coast to Coast was 2 blocks down, and O'Malley's
Sporting Goods was a block the other way. Heaven for a kid with
the "gun bug" in the 60's!

I can find no reference to Western Auto selling house branded Brazilian
shotguns. They DID sell the Stevens 311 as their model SD52A. You
might take a look at that---most SxS shotguns look very similar.:)

Western Auto

I have a S X S 20 ga. from Western Auto.

It was made by Stevens, 30" M + F.

Are you certain about a button on the forend to release? Have not seen that on a Stevens gun.

Otherwise your description fits, as it would for about every other maker.

You need to post every marking on it. 'Revelation' was a Western Auto brand name. There should be a model number or the like on it.

Shotgun from Western Auto

Turns out the gun was not a western auto branded gun at all. Looks like the Western Auto where the gun was bought just sold the E.R. Armentino guns. I looked at the Stevens 311. It is very similar, but it was not a Stevens that I had. That stevens looked like a nice gun. Would like to get one with rabbit ears that could shoot modern loads. Would look really good hanging over the mantle.
Thanks guys for all the help.

Back