Help with ID.

brncr6

Inactive
The only markings I can find on the gun. Have looked online with no luck. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• P1250203.jpg
    P1250203.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 93
Those are Belgian proof marks, put on literally millions of firearms over a span of decades.

It would be helpful if you were to show a picture of the entire gun.

OK, a little more info...

According to this PDF file (ahttps://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/PDF/Firearm/Proofmarks.pdf) that's a Belgian proofmark, used between 1811-1892, for blackpowder rifles designed for importation into Britain. It is listed under the British proof marks section.

The corresponding Belgian proof has a crown sitting on the oval.

here's a photo

Can take one of complete gun if that will help.
Thanks.

Attachments

• P1250205.jpg
    P1250205.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 88
It looks like a cheap rifle of the type often called a Flobert, but unlike the true Flobert it has a breech block. The true Flobert has no breechblock and the pressure is contained only by a heavy hammer that acts as both hammer and breechblock. Most were .22, but they were made in other calibers, notably .32 RF.

The guns are interesting as novelties, but have no great value. Tons of them were imported into the U.S. in the approximately 1880-1910 era. Most are in poor condition as they were often given to youngsters who shot them a lot and cared for them little.

If the gun is an heirloom with sentimental value, fine. Its dollar value is around $50 or less.

Jim

The illustrated firearm is a Warnant System Flobert, might be described as the "least weak" of the Flobert family of weak cheap guns.
It is likely either .22 CB, .22 Short, 6mm Flobert, or 9mm Flobert, none very powerful.
It looks in rough condition. Value is low, shooting would be unwise.

Thanks

All my other guns I found out about, But this one was driving me crazy with an ID for it. Thanks for the help.

Brian.

Back