Help! with full auto options

CritRxDoc

My dream come true guys! Met a FFL dealer friend or a friend that had a tremendous collection of full auto's. I saw a glock model 18 9mm full auto and a beretta 9mm machine pistol w/ collapsable stock. He said it was 1 of 13 in existance. He told me that I could shoot almost anything he has. I must say, I am ignorant about full auto's. What full auto's are the most fun to shoot? Help me get a list. If you could shoot any full auto, what would it be? Thanks. - Doc

I think a full-auto USAS-12 shotgun would be a real kick in the pants.

Uzis, M16s, MACs and Glocks are fun too, but you can find those just about any place that rents out MGs.

M2 or M3

I've shot alot of different things over the years. But several years ago my wife and I each got a coupla rides on a quad 50 mount. Now that was something not to be forgotten.

Still waiting to light up a mini-gun, though.

Sam

I like the SAW 249 belt fed for the most fun for me. Shoot straight and no recoil, gosh if I could only have one. I have shot most autos and like em all. Even shot a 20 mm Solothurn (had my picture taken with that beast LOL) $10 a shot and it was reloads. That recoil was great:D :D

Everything is fun and I don't think you will be dissapointed to shoot anything.

Well if your dealer friend has exotic stuff, shoot the exotic stuff.

Uzis, M16s and Macs are pretty common. At MG shoots you can rent those. Shoot the stuff you don't always see - the rare transferables and the post-dealer samples. An aside, I'm surprised he's willing to shoot his rare stuff.

- Glock 18
- Beretta 93R

Does he have any of the following:
- H&K G36
- FN P90
- Steyr TMP
- M249
- M240

mg's are fun any way you slice it

theres the little carbines and pistols that are a blast to shoot at washing machines, and then theres the full auto rifles and stationary stuff. i shot all of my papa's full auto stuff and all i can say is damn. we shot the hell out of a washing machine with an m-16 a smith and wesson smg and a short 9mm m-16.

I think shooting automatic weapons is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on! The higher the rate of fire the better, and the larger the magazine capacity the better!

I tried out, once, that old cliche of cutting a tree down with an FN Minimi [you guys call it a SAW]; two of us each put a 200-round belt into the tree, which was about 24" diameter. It was a lot of fun and a great way to unwind - we had a ton of ammunition on that jungle trip! Did it fall - no! We had to wade across a shallow river and give it a kick, then it came down and formed a nice bridge over a river we had to wade across daily!

The guys with us were quite pleased afterward - we were a bit dissapointed, but that's another Hollywood shooting myth exploded. How often do you see someone give a tree a quick burst from an M16 and it falls over!

FN Para-Minimi would be my choice. You can shoot it like a rifle or get it on the bipod to really do some damage. That hydraulic buffer stabilises the rate of fire and really adds to the controllability.

The US Army is even issuing the SAW, usually referred to as the M249, to tank units for, uh, dismounted use. My son did some training with one a few weeks ago prior to going downrange. They didn't happen to have any belt-loaded 5.56 and had to use magazines. He also said that they came with two barrels but the barrels weren't interchangeable between guns. It was a headspace adjustment issue, which I thought went out with Brownings.

I've never fired a machine gun. Madsen's are fascinating (just so out-of-the-ordinary) but I'd really like a Bren, just like everyone else. Actually, I'd be satisfied with a Gatling.

We Brits issue the Para-Minimi with two barrels [one on the gun and one in a bag that the gunner has attached to his belt equipment harness].

Your son should ask their Armourer to check headspace by using their gauges - it would take a few seconds. The advice that they are non-interchangable is sound, but gauging would confirm in a flash.

Back