Help with Eotech batter question

Murby

Hi folks,

I just scored an EoTech EXPS3-0 from craigslist.. Brand new in the hard plastic box with original wrapper for $300. Its a genuine unit (I checked) and it has a manufacturing date stamp Dec 2017.

While I have a couple of the CR123 batteries, none of them are the rechargeable types and I prefer rechargeable batteries for long term security.

I am also kind of partial to Nitecore products and when I look at their rechargeable RCR123, it would appear there are a couple of differences.

For one, the battery is just over a millimeter longer than a standard CR123, although I doubt that would make a difference.. But the one biggest difference is that standard CR123's are 3.0 Volts whereas the Nitecore RCR123 is actually 3.6 volts.

Is any of that an issue to the EoTech EXPS3 unit?

This weapon sight is really cool.. makes it look like the little dot and circle are actually painted on your target... and its night vision compatible.

Wow, that's a great price!
Can't answer your battery question but your best answer might be from EoTech themselves. A quick check of a lithium CR123 battery I have showed the voltage to be 3.2 volts.

Jim

Back