Help with a Ruger Price

MichaelJay

Help with a Ruger Price

I received an automated E-mail message from a dealer that the NIB Ruger KGP-141 (SS, 4" .357) is in stock and available for sale at $369.95. The message also said there would be a price hike shortly when supplies run out. I called another dealer in the area and was quoted, $410.00.

Two questions come to mind:
1. Is this the going rate for a NIB Ruger? (I'd rather spend the money with my local dealer and keep one in business for assistance.)
2. Does anyone know of an actual rate hike coming up, or is this "sales" technique to get a quicker sale?

I have a S&W 686 on loan to me indefinitely that I really enjoy and don't have to rush a purchase, but really don't have the cash right now for another purchase. . . <sigh> IF there really is a rate hike coming, I guess now is the time to buy.

Thanks for the help.
Michael.

That sounds like a very good price for the GP. However, you should weigh it against the local price after adding in shipping and FFL transfer fee; the $410 price might be the actual winner.

I believe the price hike is already in effect as of the first of the year.

Right now GunBroker.Com has several new GP100s in the $350 - $375 range, so your price is quite competitive.

My local dealer has them for $370.95. I just found a good used KGP-161 SS 6" heavy barrel for $240.00 , that I am picking up this weekend.

Tony

PS. I have heard of a upcomming price increase over the last few months, but this has only been hearsay.

I paid $375 for mine about a year ago. It was the fourth handgun that I purchased from this dealer within about a 6 month period and I received a 'good customer' discount. Dealer didn't make much on it (I broke his code). I also buy all my ammo there and have herded in many new customers, therefore he treats me better than family. Allowing for inflation and differences in standard of living, I think your dealer price is competitive.

I know of no upcoming rate hike, does not mean that there is not one in the works.

Back