Help win 94 jam

surg_res

Ok I've got a Win 94 in 357 mag, was ejecting several shells using the lever after a hunt (had the gun rotated over perpendicular to the shop bench, now have two cartridges loose but stuck underneath the feed ramp with the lever held in the open position. I think that opening the magazine tube near the muzzle will be the best solution, but wanted to pick your wise brains prior to dismantling anything. Many thanks!

Opening the end of the tube will expose a cap, spring, and cap looking thing that pushes the shells to be fed. It's worth a try.

Yes, for sure empty the magazine tube just for safety sake.
Also check to see if the screw is tight that is holding the spring cover for the loading port in the frame.
If it isn't, then the cover can can interfere with the inner workings.
Where exactly is the position of the carrier/lifter - the part that lifts the rounds from the mag tube up to the barrel chamber?

carrier lifter is up all the way, the lever is fully open, chamber empty. Its a top-eject model. Have not had a chance to take it down yet. Will probably have to take the lever off. Strange malfunction.

My 1894 45 did the same thing taking the screw, end cap, spring and follower out and dumping the shells out the front is the easiest.I can't remember if I had to anything else to get them to come out the tube.My gun is 1894-1994 I bought it new returned it to Winchester for repair hasn't done it since but I can't remember what they did to it.

Removing the lever of a 94 is easy. Re-installing requires three hands and the ability to tie a knot in your tongue. :D

Back