Help w/Norinco SKS: Fair Price?????

VictorLouis

Takes the AK detachable mags. Comes with two 30 rounders and one 5rd(?). It's obviously in new/unused condition. Chromed chamber, but I don't think the bore is. Is it worth $300 out-the-door? Thanks

They run about $325-350 here. That said, I would take a slightly more costly AK over it for ease of maintenance...if the price isn't too much more.

I'd say, without seeing the gun, no. $250 would be more in the ballpark, less if the mags are USA brand.

I paid $100 for my Chicom SKS with a fixed 30-rd mag, $20 each for detachable metal 30s, and $10 for a 10-rd metal.

Those are the forbidden SKS which our Atty Gen. decides are "assault weapons." Personally, I prefer the fixed 10 round magazine since there's very little fuss or muss with a stripper clip (and less weight too). Is it worth $250-300? Depends on where you live. Frankly, if I wanted a detachable magazine firearm, I'd go with an AK type design.

I've never used top-of-the-line stuff in mine, but with Russian milsurp 124gr FMJ, I get about 4MOA off of sandbags with open sights.

Back