Help us get GREEN laser grips

magnumb357

Inactive
Crimson Trace (owned by S&W) makes great laser grips, but unfortunately only one in GREEN for the J Frame. There are countless K, L, and N frames out there that are limited to RED only. These are useless in daylight. Many revolver owners and enthusiasts are over age 40 and cannot effectively focus on their iron sights. Lasers are a great benefit IMHO. If Crimson Traces develops just two or three models, a huge variety of revolvers can be served. One model (LG 207) supports K/L/N round and square, but RED only.

After speaking to Crimson Trace sales and marketing the suggested that I request a new model on their website, and even better encourage others to do the same. If you want a green laser for your revolver please support the cause by going to the website below and requesting a new model. Together we have a voice. Thanks, Magnumb357.

Contact Us | Crimson Trace Lasergrips

I bought a CT laser sight for a J frame. In fact, I bought three of the models they make for the J frame: the LG305, LG405, and LG350. I also have a green laser, but not for the J frame. I considered getting the LG350G, but opted for the red laser instead.

The green lasers require a less common battery type and the battery life is still only half a red laser's.

Green lasers certainly are brighter and our eyes are more sensitive to green light than to red, so they are more visible. However, it's debatable whether their visibility is sufficiently more to overcome the difficulty of seeing a laser dot in daylight. I do have a green laser, and my personal assessment is that it's not enough to make the difference that might matter.

Just now I took my green laser out to the backyard. In direct sunlight, it's a no-go. Against green backgrounds like grass or tree leaves, it blends in. Even against contrasting colors, it's just not bright enough to see it quickly. I can assure you it's brighter than Crimson Trace's green laser too. In the shade, it pops out quicker, but so does a red laser.

I've shot using the CT laser grips enough to make up my mind that they're a distraction and ultimately they slow down my time to hit the target. With the J frame, I can use one to make significantly tighter groups on a target because the sights on the gun are so poor. But I don't really shoot J frames to make tight groups. Most guns with that sort of focus could probably accomodate a rail-mounted laser or a red dot sight.

FWIW, I found the LG-350 to have an outstanding design. It's a high performance grip with or without the laser. The LG-305 and 405 are dated and mediocre. Regardless, I decided the laser was a distraction and counterproductive to the performance I was looking for. I get a hit on target faster without it. I moved on.

Back