• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Help!! Trouble w/email alert to replies

Ironbarr

I have the Options setting on Instantaneous - I've had no email alert on last two threads... both have multiple replies.

Help?

-Andy

Hi Andy,

I doublechecked your settings and confirmed that you are set to receive instant email notification.

Can you confirm on your end that you are able to receive email at your current address and that your inbox isn't full?

I'll see if Rich or tyme can check the TFL email settings and see if the problem is on our end.

Thanks,

-Dave

Just looking at the last four, these were the last four emails that were sent. Did you get them, or are these the ones that are missing in transit?

Aug 26 13:58:17
Aug 26 17:09:52
Aug 26 17:16:49
Aug 24 00:30:18

(all times GMT/UTC. Cali subtract 7. East coast subtract 4.)

Seems it's working today.

Got the Aug 26's and 24.

Did not get Aug 23 before 8:31PM my time East Coast.

Did not get TheBluesMan's yesterday reply to this query.

Did get Rich's reply today @ 1:19PM my time.

Let's let it sit a while for a good look. This happened before just after you all came back on line.

Thank for the attention.

-Andy

As Ron Reagan would say...

"There you go again."

Check Apple a Day (last post) dated 3 Sept this came in this evening - 6 Sept.

http://TheFiringLine.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=151223

Here's the email alert - UTC says 00:30 7 Sept, which is correct for -5:

Return-Path: <apache@groupone-inc.com>
Received: from s1.groupone-inc.com ([205.158.192.207])
by lakermmtai10.cox.net
(InterMail vM.6.01.03.02.01 201-2131-111-104-103-20040709)
with ESMTP
id <20040907003131.WJAT25330.lakermmtai10.cox.net@s1.groupone-inc.com>
for <ironbarr -at- cox.net>; Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:31:31 -0400
Received: by s1.groupone-inc.com (Postfix, from userid 81)
id 237792FD91; Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:30:04 +0000 (UTC)
To: ironbarr -at- cox.net
Subject: "Is there such a thing as Savage Mod 60 in .22lr???" update
From: "TheFiringLine Forums Forums" <webmaster@TheFiringLine.com>
Message-ID: <200409070002.500b67152717@thefiringline.com>
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHP
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:30:04 +0000 (UTC)

Hope you're still monitoring this subject.

-Andy
Ironbarr

Verrrry strange. That sure looks like a php or vbulletin problem, but is nobody else experiencing lagged notifications?

Originally I thought it was my ISP, but it's only happening at TFL... THR (when up) doesn't show the same, and all other email is on time. Double checking my Option setting, it's still set to "instant".

I don't - maybe there's a bit bucket somewhere trapping these things until it gets full - the dumps. :)

I leave it the X-men - er - experts.

-Andy

Back