HELP. Should I buy this Rem 700 SPS-V with AICS stock??

I am considering a Remington 700 SPS-V .308 with the AICS stock upgrade, fully assembled.

Price is $1360
Im trading my Springfield XD 40 for $300

Total out the door price of $1060

Is this a definite go? Im thinking that I shouldn't pass this up as only a quality optic is needed for this to be a serious shooter!!

decent deal, but to give up an XD for it? my XD compact .45 is my favorite handgun, shoots great, conceals well... i'd have a hard time getting rid of it

Is this an in-person deal? If not, ever used the AICS stock? They get lots of mixed reviews - seems like a love em or hate em thing. I've never handled one, but you might want to before you drop the $$.

The AICS stock has, aside from ergonomic and asthetic preferences, 2 distinct advantages. 1: A smooth & reliable magazine feeding system & 2: The stock pushes straight back into your shoulder under recoil without camming upwards at the pistol grip. I find it lends itself to better shot follow through and less muzzle jump which leads, I believe, to greater accuracy potential.

I the shop where I am buying the rifle is owned by 2 of my buddies, who both shoot 1,000yd. 50 BMG matches as well as manufacture their own ammunition and firearms.

One of them has an Accuracy International AW Series .308 with the mother of all Nightforce's on top providing some pretty sick glass. I have sent rounds downrange numerous times with that rifle and simply fell in love. In one instance he gave me five rounds and told me to shoot at some 8" balloons we had at 500 yds, being only the second time I was behind the trigger with the AW, I had no problems breaking the balloons with one shot to each, it was nothing short of impressive. He has that rifle dialed in perfectly.

Though my rifle is going to be an SPS Varmint with the AICS system, when I finish the building it should be a heck of a tack driver.

As far as trading my XD, I bought it used 3 years ago for $350, they're giving me $300 for the trade in, so I see that as a fair deal. It gave me 3 years of enjoyment and some great IDPA matches

I just picked up a S&W MP9 Pro (which by the way is one heck of an awesome pistol) so now I have a dedicated IDPA shooter, plus I also carry a Walther PPS 9mm.

I'm about to start working part time at the shop which is going to lend itself very well to loading some very nice hand loads and shooting the crap out of this rifle!! I cannot wait.

Back