Help: Rem 1100 20ga Rifled Barrel?

Roamin_Wade

I cannot find a simple thing out and it bothers me because I can figure simple things out. Ya know? So I'm looking to buy a rifled barrel to shoot Sabot Slugs out of my Remington 1100 in 20ga and I can't find if they've even ever been made! I can find the 1100 12ga rifled barrels so it would make sense that one could find one in 1100. I don't want to shoot Sabot rounds out of a 12ga.

I also have an old bolt action 20ga that I'd like to have threaded for a rifled choke and try shooting Sabot's out of that one but I can't find anyone that say's they can machine the threads into the barrel to work any kind of choke system that would be easiest to install. Can this be done?

Thanks...

I believe Hastings still makes a rifled barrel for 20g 1100. I have tried the screw in rifled
chokes in 12g 870 & 1100 and found them less accurate than smooth bore. I think all the
Hastings rifled barrels are marked not for use with the solid copper slugs. I have a 1100 LT
with smooth bore slug barrel and it shoots Foster slugs into less than 3" at 100yds/ 5-shot
groups with 3x scope.

Back