Help Please: Rifle identification. Is this real or reproduction?

Hello all,

I am new to the forum. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this black powder rifle. It has no markings anywhere. I know a lot about guns but not about black powder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8471.JPG
    IMG_8471.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_8472.JPG
    IMG_8472.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_8475.JPG
    IMG_8475.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 150
Need more info

It has no markings anywhere.
Have you pulled the barrel to see if there are any markings on the underside? I'm seeing a few "uncommon" features, like that rigger guard. Can you also post a picture of left side, opposite the lock. I have an idea but not enough info, to support it. ..... :confused:

PM coming and;
Be Safe !!!

^ ^ ^ ^ +1

A wall hanging "wannabe" non firing somewhat kind of but not really accurate reproduction for decorating only rifle

It's not a fake...it's a real reproduction to simulate a real muzzleloader and it's
impossible to load...any way, the ramrod is to short to use. If you like it, display it.

Display piece/toy. The nipple looks like it has a rounded base indicating it is unremoveable or cast into the bolster. Broken hammer and pounded nipple suggest that it used to cock and snap but I wonder if the nipple even has a flash hole. Blowing down the barrel might show if the nipple is patent. My bet is no to idiot proof it.

Back