Help on the right CC holster for BHP

B9mmHP

I don`t know if I want to carry in the back or on my strong side. (right) I will be driving also walking. I almost always wear Lee or Wrangler, with my shirt tail out.

What would be most comfortable? Show less print? I can learn to draw from eather. :confused: I need some help before I spend $ on something that might not work for me.

In general terms, a Strong sie hip holster is the most versatile.
Other forms of carry are "niche" ways to carry. A small of the back carry will not be good for driving, it is fine for walking about but if you have to sit or kneel it will print big time.
I would look at either on the belt strong side or Inside the waist strong side. It will have the most utility for you.

------------------
www.customholsters.com
M/D ENTERPRISES Custom Concealment Holsters
Gunleather so nice it's almost a crime to conceal it
mde@customholsters.com
100% satisfaction or I buy it back!

"Holsters" the only real cure for mad cow disease

I recommend that you buy an Uncle Mike's IWB to find out exactly where and how you want to wear your HP. Once you decide on position, then any number of holster makers can help you.

I agree with chadintex above.
Buy a cheap rig and wear it around the house/land and see if you like that mode of carry. Some people can't do what others can due to body type.
I've carried my HP strong side, in the pants without much problem (had to change the hammer out since it jabbed my love handles). However, I've never been able to tolerate SOB carry.
Go cheap (only at home) then go all the way with the $$$.

------------------
He who dares wins.
NRA Life Memeber

Thank You All, for you input, given what was posted, I think I will try the in the pants strong side hip,find a real cheap holster and go from there. I`m not sure I want to change my spur hammer out but I might change my mind real quick, cause I have some perty good love handles.

I have a few inches of extra padding also. The one bad thing about an inexpensive holster is that USUALLY they are made as just a pouch, there is no shield or fitting and this can lead to discomfort.
If you decide to go with an IWB holster make sure it has the shield that comes up over the hammer and tang.

------------------
www.customholsters.com
M/D ENTERPRISES Custom Concealment Holsters
Gunleather so nice it's almost a crime to conceal it
mde@customholsters.com
100% satisfaction or I buy it back!

"Holsters" the only real cure for mad cow disease

IMHO the big decision is whether you are comfortable with IWB carry. It's more comcealable, but I found it a pain in the kidneys. Settled on a Bianchi Model 7, a 3-slot pancake. Conceals fine under a jacket, vest or untucked shirt. TIP: I found several shirts made of a lightweight canvas sort of material and these work best for shirttail CCW. They have a bit more "body" which prevents printing.

I have been carrying the Hi-Power IWB with a Milt Sparks Versa-Max 2. I usually wear nothing more than a polo shirt as a cover garment and it works fine.

As someone who bought a lot of cheap and expensive holsters before finding this one, you'll get only a vague idea of comfort and wear from trying a cheap holster out first because a quality holster makes a LOT of difference.

I am real fond of the VM-2 right now. I've been carrying it and using it both with belt loop snaps and tuckable clips and I don' think you'll find a better holster for carrying a Hi-Power or 1911 style concealed.

Well! crap I knew this wouldn`t be eazy, I guess i`ll spend a day or two calling around to some Gun shops that carry CC holsters and see if they will let me try some on for fit.

Anybody know who carrys them in the San Antonio or Austin area, maybe it would save me a couple calls, especialy the San Antonio area I don`t have a phone book for SA.

I sure love TFL you people are flne. :)

Back