Help needed with FN Browning M1910

JCC2

Hi!

My father in law has given me a very good looking FN Browning M1910 he inherited from his father.

Althought it is chambered in .380ACP, it would appear to be it was originally chambered for 7.65MM (the only magazine it has is stamped 7.65MM), as my father in law recalls his father making some sort of comment to this effect.

I don´t think it is very old as the serial number is quite high - 490,xxx (I understand near 800,000 of this pistols were manufactured until 1983) but I would love to know it´s approx. manufacture year.

It has the Peruvian shield and the words "Ejercito Peruano" (Peruvian Army) engraved on the slide (right side).

It does not appear to have ever been fired, but would like to dissassemble it first to check it throughly, clean it, oil it and them....take it to the range! :D (dissassembly instructions anyone?)

Any information on this pistol will be much appreciated.

Stay safe!

Juan Carlos

Ezell shows the FN/Browning 1910 in .380/9mm K as issued in Peru along with Walther PP and PPK in .380. He does not list .32/7.65 as having been used by Peru at all, so I don't know about the magazine business.

Takedown instructions for the 1922 with longer barrel and slide extension are shown at
http://www.marstar.ca/AssemblyBrowning1922Pistol.htm
and should get you inside your 1910 with a little fooling around.

Thanks!

Hi Jim!

Many thanks for the info... Will check the instructions and give them a try.

I am quite familiar with the Browning 1906 Vest Pocket so I imagine they are similar.

Stay safe!

Juan Carlos

As Jim says, that gun would have originally been in .380 ACP; it simply has the wrong magazine. Repro mags are available and original .380 magazines can sometimes be found at gun shows.

The main difference in takedown between the M1910 and the M1922 is that the barrel bushing on the M1910 has no catch. Just push it in and turn it to unlock it and release the recoil spring. Be careful not to let the bushing fly away!

Note that "push in" business with the barrel bushing. A lot of those guns have been ruined by someone using channel lock pliers on the bushing.

Jim

Back