Help my wife pick my birthday gift!

BigBL87

So, we have a $100 limit we imposed for birthday gifts for each other, and her one rule is no new guns but firearm related items are fair game. Reason no new guns is even worth mentioning is I have about $100 in the "gun money fund" so if I tossed my own $$$ in, I could get something around $200. I was kinda thinking about a steel framed Heritage Roughrider (can't have the alloy frame one in IL), and still think I might be able to coerce her but we'll see.

Anyway, here are the ideas I've been tossing around...

-Ammo, for obvious reasons.
-Choate Tactical stock for my Savage 10 FCP (really not a necessity as I don't shoot long range and will probably not use it past 200 yards, but would still be nicer than the OEM polymer stock)
-Lead Sled Solo (I have a Caldwell Matrix, which works but the Solo would definitely be easier to be more precise with)

I'm pretty set on optics, mags, storage. Any other ideas for shooting/range items I don't know I need?

Maybe take the $100 limit for your Bday and add it to your gun fund and build on that fund for something you have really been wanting?

Maybe take the $100 limit for your Bday and add it to your gun fund and build on that fund for something you have really been wanting?

Nothing really on my list right now aside from the Rough Rider, and that's just kind of a fun purchase. I think she also wants to actually get something around birthday time.

If you give more info ive got a million ideas lol. Some ideas. Legit first aid kit, mags, belts, pouches, vests, shooting mats etc. I would buy whatever you think you"ll use most.

His and hers ear muffs for the shooting range.
I know ear plugs are much more widely used.
But sometimes I use both.

Nothing really on my list right now aside from the Rough Rider, and that's just kind of a fun purchase. I think she also wants to actually get something around birthday time.
I would definitely get the Roughrider then.

Somebody beat me to it with the ear muffs suggestion...for under a hundred you could get the electronic ones if you so desired. (They sound neat but I've no personal experience with them.)

Gun cases or a range bag is a consideration.

Maybe some custom parts for one of your guns from Tandem Cross
https://www.tandemkross.com/

Good luck with whatever you get.

Money spent on reloading equipment is free.

$200 can get you started... a basic turret press, a set of dies, case prep tool, measuring scoops, and a tumbler... everything you need to do a pistol caliber. Your first setup won't be fast, but you'll learn a lot.

Personally, I have no problem buying reloading equipment used.. in fact, it's the only thing I've ever shopped Armslist for.

I proposed the his and hers ear muffs.
Was trying to think of something that would help her, too.

With earplugs alone, My wife perceived the recoil of a heavy 357M more than her aluminum 38.
When She used both plugs and muffs, she was surprised the 38 recoil had gone up.?!

Tell your wife it would make you the happiest if she spent the money on herself or added it to her BDay allowance so she could buy something worth more than a hundred bucks. It will pay dividends in the end.;)

Back