Help me understand - can I carry on campus?

DaveInPA

I've been wondering lately if I'm allowed to carry a concealed firearm on campus to protect myself in the event another school shooting would happen - in my classroom. I'd rather not just be a sitting duck.

Here's what the student handbook says about weapons under the heading that reads Major Violations of College Regulations:

i. Illegal/unauthorized possession or use of fireworks, firearms, knives, explosives, weapons, or any item which has been modified or adapted so that it can be used as a weapon.

Now since it says ILLEGAL possession, would that mean that since I can LEGALLY carry a concealed weapon in my state, that I would therefore be allowed to carry on campus? Thanks for any input.

Holster, tuck, and shut up about it. It looks like in print you're clear, but I wouldn't go around asking because the minute you do they'll put it in specifically for you not to be.

student handbook not state law

If it is in the student handbook and not part of state law you might not end up in jail. You probably can not stop them from expelling you which might be a greater punishment than jail. Your opinion on what is authorized probably does not pass the test when their rules are being interpreted by them.

If you want to make yourself a test case I recomend you do it with some pro-gun organization who will front any legal cost you might have for your test case.

student handbook not state law

If it is in the student handbook and not part of state law you might not end up in jail. You probably can not stop them from expelling you which might be a greater punishment than jail. Your opinion on what is authorized probably does not pass the test when their rules are being interpreted by them.

If you want to make yourself a test case I recomend you do it with some pro-gun organization who will front any legal cost you might have for your test case. And I sure would not rely on a posting from this site as a defence. I read it on the Internet as a defence not going to hold up in court.

As I recall, PA does not allow concealed carry on campus, your carrying on campus would be ILLEGAL.

But hey, you are the one from PA who should know PA laws. Does PA say that it is legal for you to carry on campus? Just because you can carry in the state does not mean necessarily that you can carry on campus.

Call anonymously and ask if you can carry. But don't call the information desk, I think they will automatically say no, from fear of being fired with any other answer. Or, just carry. I doubt you will be thrown out if they find out. Wear fluffy clothes and hide that buldge. Bring reloads.

Back