Help me shop....

Nathan

Im just thinking about the fall itch I get around bonus time.

I have all I need. I really want a fun target type pistol in 9mm or maybe 45 Auto. I'm thinking Colt Gold Cup National Match or maybe some kind of CZ Custom shop gun.

Is there something obvious I'm missing? Main goal is small groups at 25 & 50 yds.

.....or should it be a S&W 25-2 or a 547??

I have all I need. I really want a fun target type pistol in 9mm or maybe 45 Auto. I'm thinking Colt Gold Cup National Match or maybe some kind of CZ Custom shop gun.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?
Maybe giving an idea of what "all I need" is, helping with "something I'm missing would be easier.:D

A K-frame Smith .38, Models 14,15, 19 or 67, 66 in 4 or 6 inch barrel.

.38s are cheap or very easy and cheap to reload.

The guns are handy and have proven themselves through the
decades as so-called "tack drivers."

OK, Nathan, now you can go back to thinking about those silly guns
that were mentioned. :D

A "fun" range gun doesn't have to be a plastic lightweight so the CZ75B is a good choice. Its accuracy is rated second only to the Sig guns and the reliability is tops. I shoot 1.25" 25 yard groups with my CZ75B right off the shelf, If I had known there was a satin stainless version I would have bought that instead. I have had zero problems with my gun and it has digested the store bought rounds as well as hand loads from maximum loads down to well under the suggested starting loads. The one thing you may want to do is to have CZ do a trigger job on it before you take possession of it. Mine came with a smooth double action trigger but the single action pull was gritty and felt terrible. I have done some work to get it better and I am sure it will wear in but it was troublesome for me at first. The sights are smaller and closer to the bore than I was used to but they work fine for my use. I was going to get sights for it originally but the gun has grown on me.
I am a guy who doesn't like semi-autos and have past history with a few that taught me they were not to be counted on. I bought mine for use in three gun and it has been almost as accurate and every bit as dependable as my revolvers.

Back