Help me price a Rem 1100, please...

CMOS

I just saw a used 1100 at a local pawn shop and want to know if their price in reasonable.

Its got black synthetic furniture in very good shape, choke tube barrel (~20" length), mag tube extension and elevated adjustable rifle sights. The receiver does have some slight surface corrision and the barrel also has a little of the same with a few light scratches. Basically, I would have it refinished (can have this done for $100).

Mechanically it seems to be fine.

They have it priced at $299.

Is this a reasonable price????

Thanks,
CMOS

[Edited by CMOS on 01-05-2001 at 06:16 PM]

A little high for South Carolina. Offer $250 cash, bump to $ 275 if pressed. Not sure what your local conditions are like, it may be a good price. Look in your local paper for comparisons..

HTH,

Giz

A NIB 1100 synthetic at a gun show should be around $425 or so. That's with a 28" choke tube barrel with one tube (mod).
I'd would say that the previous answer is a pretty good guideline for a good used one.
I'd be interested in where the 18" rifle sighted barrel came from. The factory RS barrel was 21".

Neil Casper

Cat, it very well could be a 21" barrel. That was a judgement guess on the length. The barrel is marked as factory Remington however.

Any other opinions?

CMOS

Back