Help me pick some 5.56 ammo, accessories.

dvdcrr

Ive never had a 1/7 twist 5.56 carbine till now. I have the rifle set up with a 2x7 scope on American Defense mount.
What would you recommend for other accessories, and if you were going to buy 200 rounds 62-77 gr. What brand and load would you buy?

A 1:7 twist is not going to be guaranteed to run better with the heaviest or the lightest. I would be hesitant to invest in anything more than a box at a time til you find what it likes. If you are set on it, then I would start in the middle with the 69gr SMK unless your planning to shoot out to 400+ and then you would likely benefit from the better BC regardless.

Have you tried the standard Lake City 62 gr , you could try one of the cheap plain brown 20rd box's and if they suit you buy a can of it .
The best surplus 5.56 I have shot were South African the worst was Egyptian .

Black Hills - Blue Box - Remanufactured-once fired-Lake City brass - 223 - 69 grain Sierra Match King hollow points.

Midway sells both the Black Hills blue box and the red box

Last edited:
"...buy 200 rounds 62-77 gr..." If you're not reloading, you need to try a box of as many brands as you can to find the ammo your rifle shoots best. The actually brand or its cost means nothing.

You might want to check out Sierra's new tipped MatchKing that brings the legendary match bullets increased aerodynamics. From 69-grain and 77-grain .224 diameters; 125-grain, 168-grain and 175-grain .308 diameters. Missing is the 155-grain .308 version.

Back