Help me out guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Money $

Inactive
Here's my dilemma. I'm down to two handguns.

HK USP .40 compact, $540.00

Glock 23, night sights, $485.00

Which one should I go with? I like 'em both, I'm having a real problem making up my mind. The gun is for home defense/personal carry.

Thanks,
Money $

I own the Glock 22 which I really like, checked out the H&K but didn't care for the grip or trigger. Like I always say, which ever on is most comfortable to you. If you can try to shoot each (rental range).

I vote for the USP as you stated it
would be used some for carry. I prefer
the DA/SA trigger for that purpose as
I would be less likely to have an
unintended discharge with the heavier
trigger pull on the first shot.

The Glock 23 is a fine weapon but I'm
not comfortable with them for carry.
Also, I'm a big fan of HK pistols so I
am biased. ;)

Money $,
I see you finally eliminated the Sig 2340. Well, the Glock 23 is one of my favorite guns. IMHO, the HK's are overpriced, but so are Glocks... just more-so for the HK.

I wouldn't be concerned about the Glock AD. It has the better finish, and the trigger is light and consistent on a Glock. I worry about ANY firarm that stays in Cocked-and-Locked condition over a period of time should you go that route with the HK. I like the safety of DA carry, but not the in-consistancy.

Just buy the darn thing already ;)
Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

Personally, I would go with the HK. I actually did buy the G23, but I had some odd problems with it. First, for some reason the combination of the G23 grip and my hand just didn't work out well. My trigger finger actually got pinched by getting caught between the bottom of the trigger and trigger guard itself. Very strange, since I didn't have that problem when I had my G30 and I don't have the problem with my current G34... Plus the factory 10 round magazines I had were absolutely worthless. Jammed all the time, but I hear that is somewhat more common now days... So by default I would pick the HK! But I don't own one, just shot it at the range...

Did you already rule out the Steyr M? If so, I chose the G23, but it is a personal thing. Choose which one you like best, they are both good guns.

Greetings Money Man $, I vote for the Glock 23; an excellent pistol in a quality caliber.

------------------
Ala Dan

I own both. I have been carrying my G-23 for about 4 years now. My USP .40C is still relatively new, and I have not carried it much.

From a carry standpoint, I would give the G-23 the nod. It's narrower in the slide and it is also smoother. Makes for an easy carry gun.

Although, with the proper holster the HK should be just as easy to conceal. I just haven't found that holster yet.

Get the Glock 23, then train like hell. Shoot a ton of ammo. You will be better prepared to answer your own questions as to which is the proper pistol next time if you follow this advice. The Glock is better for someone starting out.

------------------
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back